Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,285   Online: 878

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Haven't tried it yet with colour chems but I have had success with B&W and see no reason why it wouldn't work with colour chems. Use an empty wine bag with its tap and box. Fill to neck of bag with liquid to expel all air then replace tap. As you decant the chems the bag simply collapses with no air ingress.

For larger than 3 L you can get 5 and 10L bags and dispensers from stockists in the U.K. I don't know where you are but in most countries people homebrew alcohol and usually such contianers are sold for just this purpose.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dede95064 View Post
    1. insert inert gas like argon/nitrogen to remove oxygen from container.
    2. drop in marbles until liquid reaches the top of container.
    3. use accordian-style plastic containers to remove extra oxygen.
    4. use wine box containers and use the bag that houses the wine.
    5. any of the above or just put them in the freezer and thaw them out when needed.
    6. Old wine bottles under vacuum, using vacuvin stoppers.

Available at every wine store I've been in. Cheap and reliable. And just about any restaurant has empty wine bottles they'll give away as they come up with a fresh supply every night. I've used XTOL stored this way 12 months after mixing with perfect results, doubling Kodak's recommendation for storage. No reason it won't work for color chems too.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the ideas. The small bottles probably works best for me, but I too have been wondering about storage so this was timely. I just don't shoot enough color to use the chems up quickly--and don't know if I'll trust myself with vacation rolls, which is when I do shoot more color. Time to load up on 1L bottles.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by dede95064 View Post
    3. use accordian-style plastic containers to remove extra oxygen.
    I have rather bad experience with them. I'd say they useless for OP's purpose.

I use small glass bottles + inert gas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin