in trying to reach a consensus for preserving color chemicals (e6/c41), i have read here and other sites saying to do any of the following:
1. insert inert gas like argon/nitrogen to remove oxygen from container.
2. drop in marbles until liquid reaches the top of container.
3. use accordian-style plastic containers to remove extra oxygen.
4. use wine box containers and use the bag that houses the wine.
5. any of the above or just put them in the freezer and thaw them out when needed.
now i know the point in doing all of these is to prevent the chemicals from oxidizing but i was curious to know if those who have tried any of these report better success by using one method over another? and if so, how long has your shelf life been for the chemicals?
thanks for any insight!