Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,460   Online: 889

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do NOT place color film into any water or other bath after the stabilzer or final rinse bath! This is necessary!!! I cannot stress it enough.

You can gently squegee your film however, with a soft sponge or cloth soaked in stabilzer or final rinse!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting, because supposedly when negatives don't look blixed enough you're supposed to re-do and rinse. Nothing about re-doing stabilizer, which I had definitely wondered about.

Other than the films that needed to be re-bleached/fixed, I haven't done anything after stabilizer. The foaminess just made me wonder, though. Maybe I'll try the soaked-cloth squeegee method.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please reread my other posts on this sujbect then.

If negatives do not look good due to bleach and/or fix then redo the ENTIRE tail end. That is: Bleach-wash-Fix-wash-Final Rinse or Stabilzer.

You must NEVER redo just one step in the tail end of a color process. You have to complete the entire cycle from where you enter it. After all, rebleaching does nothing if you don't refix, and you must wash and stabilize.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Bringing back an old thread, because I just had the same experience with the same basic Tetenal press kit (although I've never seen better negs of my work...even from pro dip-n-dunk labs). Did we conclude that distilled water does indeed solve the problem, or is the supplemental final rinse stuff necessary?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The final rinse or stabizer is ABSOLUTELY necessary for proper image stability.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The final rinse or stabizer is ABSOLUTELY necessary for proper image stability.

PE
    I meant in addition to or in place of the kit stabilizer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What do you do to remove the water spots that have already occurred after processing in the Tetenal kit? Can I restabilize in a different brand of stabilizer? Can I just use regular film cleaner, as it looks like the spots are all on the base side?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rewash and stabilize is the only treatment that is non-damaging. You might try wiping with a very soft sponge wetted with stabilzer. The stabilzer should be the type that contains Photo Flo or the equivalent as one ingredient. Mixing it with Distilled Water might help.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks. I'll pick some Kodak stuff on Monday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you reuse a batch of c41 final rinse, and if so for how long? (# of films, length of time)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin