Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,320   Online: 1035

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Ron, I have one more question. Assuming I get my registration issue solved and try an additive print, will I a color issue from not having the orange mask associated with color negative film? Will I need some sort of filtration for this? I will be using a color enlarger, but with gel filters for the additive exposures.
    Greg;

The orange mask is intended to correct for impurity in the negative dyes. Since there are no dyes involved, and if you use narrow printing and exposing filters, there will be no problem. In fact, your colors in a traditional color print will be better than a white light print from a negative.

Use WR 98/99/70 for your combo.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Would I use the same filters you list for exposing the film in camera? Or the more traditional 25/58/47?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Nevermind. I read the descriptions of the filters and see that they are appropriate for both stages.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Greg I'll be in Lexington in a few weeks; perhaps we could meet up and chat it out.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That would work if I weren't already in Miami. I won't be back in Lexington except the last week of December.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah okay. Well I will be there for the Christmas holidays for sure. Most of my family lives in Lexington, Versailles, and L'ville.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We may be able to meet up the week between Christmas and New Years if we're both up to it after spending time with in-laws.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    why couldn't you use the filters when you are printing the neg instead of when you are actually taking the photograph?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    why couldn't you use the filters when you are printing the neg instead of when you are actually taking the photograph?
    Because I'd want to take full advantage of the tonality of b&w film and develop the negs using the usual b&w process.

Of course, I know that I can shoot colour print or slide film, but that's not the point.

Now, preparing colour sep negs for RA4 sounds interesting to me... but actually I was thinking about the earlier processes using gums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    You can, but you need to start with a color negative, and the desire is to use a trio of B&W negs.

PE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin