Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,518   Online: 843

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak/Fuji Color Developer Processing Time (E-6)

Hi all,

I getting ready to process some Fuji Velvia 50 I shot over the weekend and looking over the E-6 processing steps in Fuji's Professional Film Data Guide the processing times for each step is the same as Kodak's except for the Color Developer Step. Kodak specifies 4:00 minutes for this step while Fuji specifies 6:00 minutes with an 8:00 "upper limit" and no lower limit recommended.

Has anyone encountered this "discrepancy" and can offer advise?

Thanks,

Thomas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Which dev kit do you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Color developer is process to completion so I think as long as your time isn't unreasonablly short or long you are good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The kodak kit specifies 4 minutes in a rotary tube with something like 6 minutes or 6:30 when processing in a tray, reel and tank, or any other imaginable method. The rotary tube processors (like the JOBO) give more agitation, developing faster. You can go as high as you want, AFAIK as it is to completion.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin