Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,639   Online: 1007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lets hope AG ships Fujihunt C41 to Sweden and I'll try that then. But I've heard it's hard to mix in small volumes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Well ... In fact I have no more belief in Tetenal chems because of the RA-4 blix that is defective, too often leaves silver in print and gives yellowish stain. So I don't want to buy anything from Tetenal anymore. In addition, Photo Engineer here keeps saying that blix for film is a bad bad thing. So, I've done one side-to-side comparison that showed no problems with Tetenal C-41 blix, but then again, I can't be sure. As I want to be sure that the chemicals really work 100% in every situation, that's the reason we switched to Kodak E6 and Fuji C-41, although these particular Tetenal kits seemed to have worked fine with the promised capacity.

We ordered our Tetenal kits from Nordfoto, Germany, www.nordfoto.de, and Fuji&Kodak kits from AG-Photographic, UK, www.ag-photographic.co.uk . Here in Finland the availability is probably even worse than in Sweden. Telefoto (www.telefoto.fi) sells Tetenal's C-41 kits 1 liter 29 EUR, 5 liter 97 EUR and these are special orders so you have to wait. 3-bath E6 is 49 EUR for one liter -- this is the only kit available from the shelf -- and 99 EUR for 5 liters, again special order. Not so nice.

But, as Finnish post is so expensive, it usually costs about the same or even less to order from abroad.
    Is professional quality E6 or C-41 processing available in Finland?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Is professional quality E6 or C-41 processing available in Finland?
    Well, IMO we have no REAL pro labs available any more. Some people call some of our labs professional labs, so IDK. The biggest one is also very expensive today; E-6 processing costs something like 8 - 9 EUR now. It was about 5 EUR just a few years ago. Then, there are at least three other E6 labs (at least one of them charges 5 EUR per roll of E-6) and they also do C-41, of course. One of them is considered very professional quality lab in the internet discussion forums, but still there have been quite severe problems with final rinse (drying marks).

I prefer doing all by myself, although of course it would be nice to support the companies who do processing while it lasts.
    Last edited by hrst; 10-14-2009 at 05:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Pushing developer is a terrible idea. I have two 19 liter packages kicking around. I mix up a gallon, use it to Kodak stated capacity (one shot for 35mm, 10 4x5s per liter) and throw it out. It starts getting freaky when you replenish. I like my photos more than saving 23 cents on film developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it's funny that when you increase the package size, the price increases so little that you can just buy more and then do one-shot with professional consistency, and it costs same or even less than pushing 5 liter Tetenal stuff to its limits -- even if you did only few films and had to dump some expired developer. However, there are still postage fees involved, which usually are more for a bigger package.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find it strange that this thread has not produced a definitive answer on capacity of Kodak c41 developer. Weird. Here is PE's statement on this from another recent thread (I hope these guys don't mind):

JG;

I use Jobo tanks and go by their recommendations exactly. I don't have the figures here, but I do know that each tank has different recomendations even among the various Jobo series. If you use the mfgrs suggested quantities, you cannot go wrong. At least that is what I find with Jobo.

When I used to use SS tanks, I filled them to the top minus enough air space to allow for agitation.

When I use hard rubber tanks, I fill them to the top, but then in that case, I don't consider this single use. I adjust times. It is only when using Jobo and SS tanks that I use the developer one time. I also use a pre-wet with the drum processes.

PE

And here's another from jimmyp:

I use about 270mm for 6 4x5 or 240mls for 1 120 roll. I'm mixing up 1litre at a time and replenishing that. If i was going a few weeks without processing, I would mix up a whole litre instead of replenishing the existing litre.

Jimmy

If jimmyp is using 270ml for 6 4x5 and tibiriusblitz uses 1L for 10 4x5 (about twice as much or so) and PE, developing 135 in SS tanks is just "filling to the top" but jimmyp is using 240 ml for 1 roll of 120. . . . well, it's just strange that there is no definitive/conclusive answer. (He wailed and whined).

Let's get this settled, shall we?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you process in steel tanks it is impossible to use anything more than 250ml per roll. Why would that not be sufficient in one shot use?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin