Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,153   Online: 875

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmacphee View Post
    That's worth knowing if my Watson ever breaks. I've seen that model in pictures and ads, but never used it. How do you determine how much film you're loading if there's no counter? I sometimes load short runs of a dozen frames or so as well as the more regular thirty-six.
    On the Lloyd there´s a list outside of the loader to see how many turns you need to wind the crank to get exposures. For example you need to turn 13 times to get 10 exposures.

///Anders S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersPS View Post
    On the Lloyd there´s a list outside of the loader to see how many turns you need to wind the crank
    Isn't it funny how the bleeding obvious is only obvious after somebody else has pointed it out to you?
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    I don´t exactly know what you mean by that? Was this post unnecessary?

///Anders S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    alexmacphee
    Quote:
    Isn't it funny how the bleeding obvious is only obvious after somebody else has pointed it out to you?

AndersPS
    Quote:

Anders:

I could be wrong, but I think Alex was gently poking fun at himself - it was your post that caused him to notice what was there on his film loader all along.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersPS View Post
    I must apologise for my lack of clarity. No discourtesy was intended. I was, as Matt says, poking fun at myself, and was having what is sometimes called a 'slap-forehead moment' when I realised you were right and I should have had the sense to know the answer before I asked.
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    It´s ok really! Now I understand I thougt you ment it that way but I wasn´t sure enough. I didn´t know you had a Llyod as well And I know what you mean by 'slap-forehead moment', it happens to me sometimes as well. I figure I had one of those moments when I read his post and maybe I were tired to.

Final question, how many exposures can you get from a 30,5m(100ft?) bulkfilm?

Thank you all for your answers.

///Anders S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You get about 18 36 exposure loads. Shorter loads use the same amount of film for leader and trailer. Longer loads risk jamming the camera or over loading the the developing reel.
    Frank Schifano

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used a Watson loader for years. Simply count the turns while turning the crank, one turn per exposure and add one or two for contingency. The portion of the casette spindle that sticks out faces down. Attach the film to the spindle with a length of masking tape, place it in the casette and snap on the end piece, and gently push the excess film back through the feed slot to place the casette directly beneath the crank hole with it lips against the loader's film exit slot. Close the door, insert the spindle crank being sure it engages the tab in the film spindle, and then count turns as you load film into the casette. Simple and works well. Keep the felt clean or don't get it dirty in the first place and you will not have any scratches unless there is grit on the felt of the casette lips.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    You get about 18 36 exposure loads. Shorter loads use the same amount of film for leader and trailer. Longer loads risk jamming the camera or over loading the the developing reel.
    But if I do 10 exposure loads I sholu get more than 18? Now, I´m not going to do 10 of all the bulk film, bur some test loads to learn to develop.

///Anders S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle no longer lists the watson for sale.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin