Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,449   Online: 1079

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Instructions for Tetenal E6 3 bath kit

It has been discussed many times here in this forum, and apparently there is still outdated information out there how to process slide film with Tetenal E6 3 bath kit.

Mr. Malte Wulf from Tetenal AG & CO. KG has kindly allowed me to post the instruction manual for the Tetenal E6 3 bath (1l, 5l, and 15l) kit here in this forum. This should hopefully put an end to many discussions about proper use of this kit. Please note that permission by Tetenal is required for further reproduction of this text outside the forum. Please also note that I am not in any way associated with Tetenal and that I post this text as a private person.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Rudeofus, I'd like to mention this is an awesome bath kit for Fuji film. My first bath is between 6:30 and 6:45 and I'm more then happy with the results each and every time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting this!

Here you can also see the ridiculous discrepancy I've laughed so much to; first, times and temperatures are given for rotary processing (6:15, 38C) and then there's a note: "for rotary processing equipment": temp of 39C and time of 7:00. We had troubles with this, getting too light slides until I took the time down to 6:15...6:30 and temp to 38,0, ignoring the extra note completely.

And well, IMO it should be obvious that results are awesome. I want my process to be "transparent"; giving just the results the films are designed to give. Otherwise the process would be defective. Tetenal 3-bath E6 has given me the correct results, but I wouldn't still call it awesome; let's leave that compliment to film manufacturers. It just does the job as it should do. Next I'll try the real thing, KODAK E6 single use kit. Based on what I've read, there could be a very slight difference but not big.
    Last edited by hrst; 10-14-2009 at 03:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

I had the same in my last kit...

Hello all,

It has been a good opportunity to ask Tetenal about the strange note for rotary processing Mr Hrst mentions, and which is persistent from early versions of this booklet.

This sort of contradictory informations was confusing me (and many others) since my begining in homemade E6 processing, Rudy (Rudeofus) can testify, we debated it in another thread , here

I just posted here the result of my very own test.

Regards,

Raphael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin