Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,630   Online: 1129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    jrydberg. I think you can forget about comparisons with the U.S. I think that C41 and RA4 chemicals are just much more expensive in Europe and that includes the U.K. It's like petrol/gas comparisons. Ask a U.S member what the fuel costs are for a vehicle for say an annual mileage of say 10,000 miles/ 16,000 kilometres and the costs would seem very low in European terms.

You could hunt all your life and still not find the chemicals at the costs tiberiustibz mentions

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    jrydberg. I think you can forget about comparisons with the U.S. I think that C41 and RA4 chemicals are just much more expensive in Europe and that includes the U.K. It's like petrol/gas comparisons. Ask a U.S member what the fuel costs are for a vehicle for say an annual mileage of say 10,000 miles/ 16,000 kilometres and the costs would seem very low in European terms.

You could hunt all your life and still not find the chemicals at the costs tiberiustibz mentions

pentaxuser
    Sorry.

And we'd probably still whine about gas being way too expensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been getting this, and worse than the cheapest drugstore negs . I haven't been using distilled water though, but am going to pick some up before I process again. You aren't supposed to rinse AGAIN after stabilizer, are you? Is anyone finding it necessary to spray the negs with more distilled water after hanging to dry?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No rinse after stabilizer or final rinse! It's there to 1) stabilize the dyes and/or 2) prevent biological growth. Older stabilizer includes formaldehyde that has both effects mentioned, and newer final rinse, to be used with modern films (after about 2004-2005), has a less toxic substances to prevent biological growth, as the dyes don't need formalin anymore. But in any case, stabilizer or final rinse is the last solution, don't rinse after it.

It shouldn't leave any drying marks as it is designed to be the final solution to come contact with film. If you have problems, use distilled/demineralized water when mixing stabilizer/final rinse. And, I can't see how any spraying could help .

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about the spraying but when I mentioned on Flickr that my negatives seem dustier/spottier than negs I get from even the cheapest drugstores, a few people said they spray their negatives. But that's almost like another rinse, which I guess you're not supposed to do...anyway, I haven't been doing anything after stabilizer I just notice a lot of teeny tiny spots that are a pain in the ass to PS out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin