Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,539   Online: 1082

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Arista Color Filters

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/31633-...ers-3x3-in.-22

Has anybody used these filters before? If so, how good/accurate are they?

I'm wanting to try my hand at color printing sometime in the near future and I dont have a dichro head for my Beseler 23CII. I do have a filter drawer, though, and I'd like to try using the filters before I make the leap and get a dichro head for it. If anyone has any experience with these filters or can point me in the direction of better ones, I would appreciate it
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Should work just fine. Good luck.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've used the 6x6 filters and they work fine. Mine were not marked as to cc # but had separator sheets labeled which made it a pain if you mix them up. My solution was to sharpie each one in the corner like ilford contrast filters for b/w.
    regards
    erik

Shooter
    35mm
    Does anybody know a source for these filters in the EU?

TIA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    I've used the 6x6 filters and they work fine. Mine were not marked as to cc # but had separator sheets labeled which made it a pain if you mix them up. My solution was to sharpie each one in the corner like ilford contrast filters for b/w.
    regards
    erik

Labelling seems like a good idea. I may try that. I'll drop a pack in my shopping cart and make an order when I get paid this Friday
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    While you are shopping you might want to get a set of viewing filters as they come in handy in determining how much color correction you need plus they have the filter factors listed which make it easy to adjust your f stop or time. If you have a easel meter you can use that just as easily by just adjusting your aperture accordingly.
    regards
    erik

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin