Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,922   Online: 972

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    We all need to go crazy with calls, e-mails and letters to Kodak to show them that there is still a market for it. Unlike Kodachrome, it's not like there is only one place in the world to offer it so maybe there is some hope. They listened with the Ekar 100 in 120.....This is great stuff. I have had quite a bit printed on it for me.
    That's the spirit Ektagraphic. Everyone needs to email and call before it's too late. It should be stressed that there are no other normal contrast papers on the market. Apparently the good folks at big yellow don't know how many students, hobbyists, serious amateurs, editorial photographers and career artists use this stuff. Despite the small percentage of sales that these five groups comprise they are nonetheless important players to the prestige of the brand. I'm assuming that whoever made the boneheaded decision to keep ultra and let go of supra did so under the assumption that the bulk of analogue sales is for commercial purposes (read advertising) and that these folks naturally want more vibrant, saturated colors. But given the fact that only a small amount of this kind of work is still done the traditional way while the vast majority is with lightjet it just doesn't add up. If kodak needs to lean out their traditional catalogue it only makes sense to let ultra go.

Shooter
    35mm
    frotog. Thanks for the e-mail link. E-mail to Kodak sent.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    email sent. what a bummer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Apparently the good folks at big yellow don't know how many students, hobbyists, serious amateurs, editorial photographers and career artists use this stuff.
    Apparently, not enough to keep it in production.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the scoop. I called Kodak and told them that I was upset. I spoke to a man who apparently works with this stuff. I told him how unhappy I/we were....He didn't have much to say but that basically this paper will work for us if we work with it......Then I called Edgar Praus of Praus Productions whom I have used for a good amount of custom color prints. I know he has a close relationship with Kodak...I would consider him a master printer. He said that he is testing the VC for Kodak using optical printing and he said in some cases he is able to get better prints with it than before. He also said that it probably will be available in sheets. I think we should wait to see what time tells us. I am still going to write a letter and actually mail it to Kodak because lately people take physical mail much more seriously. It is like they listen because they know you care because you spent $0.44 to mail it to them....My two cents. I really want to get printing color!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    And I thought it was just slide shooters who were getting hosed by Kodak.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Here's the scoop. I called Kodak and told them that I was upset. I spoke to a man who apparently works with this stuff. I told him how unhappy I/we were....He didn't have much to say but that basically this paper will work for us if we work with it......Then I called Edgar Praus of Praus Productions whom I have used for a good amount of custom color prints. I know he has a close relationship with Kodak...I would consider him a master printer. He said that he is testing the VC for Kodak using optical printing and he said in some cases he is able to get better prints with it than before. He also said that it probably will be available in sheets. I think we should wait to see what time tells us. I am still going to write a letter and actually mail it to Kodak because lately people take physical mail much more seriously. It is like they listen because they know you care because you spent $0.44 to mail it to them....My two cents. I really want to get printing color!
    He's been using the new endura? That's very good news actually. I'm still going to cherish the giant stock of regular Supra that just arrived in the mail. But that's good news. The only thing that scares me is the "crossover" which just makes me cringe having seen "crossover" manifest itself in my crystal archive work in the form of utter unacceptably nasty magenta highlights.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Very pissed. I am new to color printing and liked this paper a lot. I will send a written letter to KODAK too, what address are you sending it to? Still at this point I am going to figure out which FUJI paper works for me and adjust my exposures/processing accordingly for the look I want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, you can simply address it to Kodak, Kodak Customer Serivce, or Chuck Lang who works very closely with Portra and Ektar. I have been trying to reach him as we talk fairly often but have not gotten through with sucess. I'm not sure if he is also the main guy for color paper too. He would definatly try to help us. The address to Kodak is 343 State Street Rochester, NY 14650
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well, I'm in the process of drafting a letter as I'm typing this.

I will be posting a sign tomorrow in the photo lab at school with a copy of Kodak's announcement of the discontinuance. Along with it, I'll put the address listed here for Kodak, as well as the 800 number to call x-tension 19.I know that there are a lot of people who like to use the Kodak S.E. paper at my school. I've decided to use Fuji myself, but there are certain negs that I think just print better on Supra Endura, so I keep a box in the fridge for when I want to re-print them.

I've also been considering putting a petition (names, city, and state, etc.) so we can get names on the list to include with my letter. People could sign it if they wanted. Maybe Kodak would take this more seriously if we petitioned .

-Dan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin