Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,469   Online: 938

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Way to go Dan! I've been canvassing all my photog. friends and lab owners to call, send emails, and write letters. When I spoke to Peter in pro imaging I stressed how many internationally renowned photographers still use analogue color materials. He agreed that despite the small percentage of overall sales that these photographers' consumption represents, they are nonetheless a tremendously important part of the brand identity. Same goes for students and serious amateurs. Let's barrage them with letters, petitions, emails, phone calls!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We should start a petition
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    We should start a petition
    I've never tried to do this via the web. Do you have any ideas as to the most efficient way to do this? I wonder if we could somehow start a petition here on apug? Or would it be better to link to a separate website?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Try this page. It allows you to make an online petition.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm not familiar with color printing, although I would like to try it some day, am I right in asuming colour paper is graded and VC, and that all the low contrast papers by kodak have gone, how many grades do Fuji make?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, color paper is graded. However, the grades are not numbered like in graded BW papers, but they have fancy names. Kodak Portra Endura was lowest in contrast - IMO, this is the NORMAL contrast, like grade 2. It was discontinued in 2006. Then there were Supra Endura and Ultra Endura left; Supra Endura being a little higher in contrast than "normal" -- maybe something like "grade 2 1/2", and Ultra Endura being even higher -- like "grade 3".

Fuji's Crystal Archive is about the same in contrast as Supra Endura.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so ,does anyone on here have a website that we could start a petition on?

if I had a site, I'd do it. but I don't .

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK,

I've started a petition online here http://new.ipetitions.com/petition/savesupraendura/

pass it on to your friends, and anyone you might know who would use this paper. Don't get just names, only people who are photographers. We need to be serious about this!

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wouldn't going out and buying it be more useful than a petition, or is the supply already gone?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle has many nice black and white papers in stock. That is about where I am on this issue, since Fuji's discontinuation cannot be far behind. I wish I had money to stock up. Kodak made the best RA paper IMHO. I stashed some Portra and Ultra when they were taken away in sheets. It won't last forever, though.

P.S. I see that Fuji's sheets have been discontinued as well...great.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-21-2009 at 10:18 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added P.S.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin