Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,302   Online: 1042

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    people i have sended an email to kodak and this is the reply :

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your concern regarding the availability of Kodak Professional Supra Endura Paper for your optical printing needs.
    Although many of our roll stock of Kodak Professional Supra Endura Paper has transitioned to Kodak Professional Supra Endura VC Paper, we continue to offer the Kodak Professional Supra Endura Paper in sheet sizes through most dealers of Kodak Professional products. If the dealer does not have the item in stock, just give them the catalog number and ask them to place an order for you.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance with this or other of our Kodak Professional products.

Regards,
    Kodak Technical Support

IT SEEMS TO BE THAT THE TRANSITION REGARDS ONLY SUPRA ENDURA ON ROLL! the sheet will be not discontinued!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    This is not the case. If you talk to them on the phone, they will admit that the sheets are only what is left in stock. Once it is gone, it is gone for good.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    They pulled the same sneaky panther game when they "transitioned" Portra. Supra in sheets is "still available" until the stock runs out and then it will be gone. Do not be fooled...

BTW - Stockpiling is useless as even paper stored in the freezer lasts a mere 18 months and you'll see noticeable degradation in paper base white at one year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've kept Supra Endura at room temperature for a year with no degradation. Supra II and III did degrade.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I've kept Supra Endura at room temperature for a year with no degradation. Supra II and III did degrade.

PE
    Good for you! But in printing editions I notice slight yellowing of the paper base in as little as 4-6 months. Very subtle, but definitely there. But it's a moot point and not worth quibbling about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    False alarm! Supra Endura will be continued in sheets. This just in from Peter @ Kodak:

"When I told the Product Planner what was in the publication he confirmed that it was supposed to say rolls, not sheets. So we are continuing to offer the sheets for optical printing and transitioning the rolls on a stock turnover basis to Supra Endura VC.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Peter V.
    Kodak Professional
    Technical Support
    800-242-2424 ext. 19"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank our lucky stars....for now.....
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Good for you! But in printing editions I notice slight yellowing of the paper base in as little as 4-6 months. Very subtle, but definitely there. But it's a moot point and not worth quibbling about.
    Yup. It goes dingy yellow pretty quickly. I keep all of mine in the fridge if it fits, and it has lasted years. My big paper always goes off if I don't print the whole box fairly quickly, as I don't have the cooler space for it. (This is why I wish they made smaller boxes of large color paper.) I use it for printing cross processed negs. It says right on the box at what maximum temperature it should be stored. I would like to believe that the temperature is not just put there for fun.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I would like to believe that the temperature is not just put there for fun.
    Ya think?

Shooter
    35mm
    Can we breathe easy again or do we need confirmation that this confirmation is the correct confirmation?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin