Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,630   Online: 975

Shooter
    35mm

new to E6 processing,where to go for basic info

Hi, I was considering using E6 process for colour work having previously only done mono processing, my question is where to go for basic info to start me off?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Google up Kodak Z119 - it is the tech manual for e6. Intimidating at first, but it is all there.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are more than just Kodak out there. Don't think that you have to use Kodak. The Tetenal kits are fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's little information online because it's really simple, especially if you have done development work already. You just have to be much more accurate with color development. My recommendation is get one of the dev kits (Kodak or Tetenal, whichever you can get more easily), follow their instructions to the letter and go from there. Chances are you'll get decent results from which you can improve easily by tweaking some parameters. Once we see your test scans, we can guide you from there.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd agree with Rudeofus above...just follow the instructions for the particular kit as accurately as you can.

In many ways, it's simpler than B&W since you are just working through a set process, you don't have all the B&W complications of film speeds, choice of developers, times and temperatures.

Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
    Hi, I was considering using E6 process for colour work having previously only done mono processing, my question is where to go for basic info to start me off?
    Quick guide here: http://www.yarki.net/E6/

The other folks are right - it's dead easy!
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks guys, I'll have a bash!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin