Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,553   Online: 779

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Money talks and bullshit walks......
    No doubt true, and no argument from this quarter on the merit of that assertion.

But given that, I think the more fundamental issue of defining which is which is an exercise best left to each individual involved. As the man said, I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Or petition for it.

Ken

P.S. I don't print RA so I have no dog in this fight, beyond that little mutt that keeps getting kicked around whenever others are being told what they should or should not be thinking or doing.
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 10-21-2009 at 09:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    32 signatures as of right now. We need more!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well, I faxed off my letter to ALL the Samy's Camera locations here in LA an OC, along with ALL the Calumet stores in the US. phew, all before 8am today .

but guys, lets keep this thread nice and sane. we need to have level heads. NO HEAD BASHING!!!

c'mon. I started this petition to gain signatures, as many as possible, to alert Kodak that there are people out there who like this product.

I understand business: if its bleeding you money, let it go. But regrettably, most of the shareholders probably don't even have a real interest in photography like we do here.

even if you don't agree with this, get someone or some people to sign it. There are plenty of instructors on here who can get their students to sign. Geez, I was hoping for 20 by the end of today, as of now, we have 40!

http://new.ipetitions.com/petition/s...ura/signatures

lets keep the monentum going!

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    i have send another email to kodak to tell me the real situation about supra endura paper on sheet film

this is the reply :

Dear Sir or Madam,

Not only have minilabs gone to printing digitally, most professional labs are also using digital printing devices and needed a paper optimized for their workflow. Since optical printers primarily use cut sheet, we are continuing to offer the Supra Endura in many sheet sizes.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns on Kodak Professional products.

Sincerely,
    Peter V.
    Kodak Professional
    Technical Support
    800-242-2424 ext. 19

Shooter
    35mm
    i have send another email to kodak to tell me the real situation about supra endura paper on sheet film

this is the reply :

Dear Sir or Madam,

Not only have minilabs gone to printing digitally, most professional labs are also using digital printing devices and needed a paper optimized for their workflow. Since optical printers primarily use cut sheet, we are continuing to offer the Supra Endura in many sheet sizes.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns on Kodak Professional products.

Sincerely,
    Peter V.
    Kodak Professional
    Technical Support
    800-242-2424 ext. 19

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Higher contrast can be dealt with, color balance can be dealt with, but no sheet sizes won't work.
    Higher contrast may be dealt with to some extent, but if there is a color crossover issue as said in the datasheet of the new paper, that cannot be dealt with in optical printing; or it may need color masking that is, in practice, not possible. Digitally you just adjust curves.

But, roll sizes can be dealt with. Just cut it to sheets. Geez, it's a little tedious but probably people want to do it rather than buy new chemicals, scales, pH meters and start mixing their own modified developers. Scissors or a box cutter is the minimum equipment to do the job and it takes one second per sheet once you get going.

And, there are already people out there who will cut the roll paper for you and sell you sheets.

So, the sheet sizes not being available is indeed a problem, but it's the smallest one here. You can cut paper but you can't really modify paper characteristics.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wow.... I had no idea Kodak was looking out for the bottom line and is it really the case that they're in financial straits?... This is one of the reasons why I love this forum so much - always learning something new, right? So here's a shout-out to all the keen-eyed pragmatists for disabusing me of my wishful thinking - you guys are the best! Let's drink some beer and go kick-boxing soon. But really, you must excuse me for tilting at windmills as I haven't left my drkrm. since they discontinued super xx (don't get me started - you'll need more than your toxic rebuttals to my foolhardiness and your enlightening thumbnail explanations of how a BIG corporation does business to drag me kicking and screaming into 2010). But now that I've seen the light of day one question still lingers.... Who's buying all the Ultra?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    False alarm! Supra Endura will be continued in sheets. This just in from Peter @ Kodak:

"When I told the Product Planner what was in the publication he confirmed that it was supposed to say rolls, not sheets. So we are continuing to offer the sheets for optical printing and transitioning the rolls on a stock turnover basis to Supra Endura VC.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Peter V.
    Kodak Professional
    Technical Support
    800-242-2424 ext. 19"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    "When I told the Product Planner what was in the publication he confirmed that it was supposed to say rolls, not sheets.
    What was that about terrible organizational communications?

"No, no, no. I meant to say that every one would be getting Dove Bars. Please disregard that bit where I said 'colonoscopies.'"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    False alarm! Supra Endura will be continued in sheets. This just in from Peter @ Kodak:

"When I told the Product Planner what was in the publication he confirmed that it was supposed to say rolls, not sheets. So we are continuing to offer the sheets for optical printing and transitioning the rolls on a stock turnover basis to Supra Endura VC.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,

Peter V.
    Kodak Professional
    Technical Support
    800-242-2424 ext. 19"
    Ask him why Supra Endura is no longer listed in the Endura line product roster.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin