Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,779   Online: 955

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Petition now online for Supra Endura

hey guys,

started this one this morning.

http://new.ipetitions.com/petition/savesupraendura/

Looking for sponsors as well. APUG, could you step up and give us your support?

Anyone else who might know of a sponsor who would support this, please, lets get them onboard!!!

blessings,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    how many of you have a fax number? I can fax you a letter I wrote, and I'm in the middle of faxing it to every Calumet and Samys camera location here in the US.

I know there are many other retailers than this, such as Freestyle(I'll be faxing one or two to them soon ).

PM me with your fax number, and I'll fax it to you.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ok, we're at 5 signatures so far, lets get 20 by the end of the day!

let all your friends know!

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is predictable. Happens every time. Big Company, faced with a poorly-selling, money-losing product, discontinues it.

Afficionados of the product---acting on the quaint belief that only BC's ignorance of the heretofore-hidden, massive-yet-stealthy grass-roots affection for the product (ignoring the actual hard fiscal evidence of its dismal sales) prompted the discontinuance---mounts a petition drive to "save" a product no one wanted enough to buy in the first place.

BC either soldiers on a bit longer, hemorrhaging money all the while, until the momentary sales blip born of the petition drive subsides and sales return to an even lower baseline, with the company in worse shape than before. Or BC ignores the petitioners' pleas, and is scourged online and threatened with boycotts for its failure to "support" whatever activity its product enabled.

It's been said many times: the only petition that matters is the cash register, like it or not. If you like a product, buy it and use it. Company management would be insane and derelict to continue wasting its shareholders' resources on money-losing products.

Nothing personal, Dan.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It is time Kodak adapts to demand. Discontinuing every product because sales are lower isn't the only solution. Smaller production to meet demand is another option. Kodak didn't always make huge runs of their products. They grew as demand grew. If the demand goes down, why stop making things altogether? I am buying their products. But I can't buy it if they don't make it.

There is an intense interest among my students to learn how to print color. They may not have that opportunity before they even graduate once the paper is off the shelves. Understand, Mike, that Supra is the last paper in sheet form. Anyone who wants to use RA-4 in the future must purchase a roll and cut it. That is not conducive to trying things. Nobody is going to invest in a roll to try printing for the first time.

Kodak is only losing money because they insist on making more than what they can sell. They can make less and turn a smaller profit, or they can stop producing and make no profit. They continue to choose the latter.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    LOL!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sure you know better than Kodak, Greg, what they "need" to do. What a relief.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm sorry you aren't passionate enough to fight for analog photography, Mike. I hope you enjoy your digital cameras.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    I spoke to a couple reps in Kodak professional regarding the phasing out of Supra. They acknowledged how important their analogue users are to the overall brand. Contrary to what you think, big business is almost as mindful of brand image as they are the bottom line. Kodak has demonstrated this on a number of occasions since the dawn of the digital revolution with adverts for their traditional materials and the artists who use them (a friend of mine was once featured in a portra nc campaign). This kind of boutique branding is common and it is not unusual for the commodity to be unprofitable in strictly monetary terms. You'll see this with heritage brand products, art books in the publishing world, the majority of small run fashion magazines, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Signed.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin