Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,921   Online: 873

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Good question, because that image is a results of much creative lighting and post-processing and can be achieved with almost any film .

http://sorsa-tv.ath.cx/~antalh/why_i..._sensia100.jpg
    Here's the biggest reason why I like Sensia100 or Astia100: its latitude. When scanned, you can adjust curves to find details from highlights that seem quite blown out, and shadows are good as well. And, projecting the slides in a dark room will reveal this shadow detail even without any painful digital processing .
    I would not call that creative, myself. Pretty straight forward. Definitely manipulated all to hell, though, at least by my definition. Looks tremendously bad to me. Might as well have shot digital if that's what you get in the end.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Anyway those studio-lit portraits dont give much idea about the film itself, unless you have experience from that kind of shooting. Even if they are not much manipulated afterwards.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That looks like it's been Photoshoped.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Is there a particular reason you want to use transparency film, projection or ILFOCHROME for instance?

Tom
    Hello Tom,

I've solved my problem. As I said earlier, I've used Porta NC and loved its pastel colours. The problem was I always found it a nightmare to scan as I could never quite get the hang of correcting the orange film base consistently so I got 'faithful' colours.

I know APUG isn't the place to discuss this in detail, but I can wholeheartedly recommend ColorNeg, a Photoshop plug-in that allows scanning faithful to the original negative film colour:
    http://www.c-f-systems.com/Plug-ins.html

Now that I've got this fixed, I'll keep using Portra 160 NC rather than looking for a tranny film with a similar look...!

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin