Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,925   Online: 1186

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

REAL commercial prints from Ektar

Is there a lab in the US that still makes prints using an enlarger? Our local places scan the negatives, then makes digital prints.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Praus Productions, in Rochester (www.4photolab.com). I believe that LTI in NY (www.ltiny.com) does as well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Any where that does hand prints I presume.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It would be helpful to specify your location. I do prints but if you're in california that doesn't help if I'm in Boston.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for Praus!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Lab Works in Winnipeg,Canada for one out of your country. RA4 and black and white

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd actually trust one of the labs I've used for nearly 30 years, we have a more than good relationship as we used to do their B&W printing while they were getting established. The owner was once a Durst technician, he's 110% quality images, if he uses a non optical route then it's the best.

Here isn't the place to discuss this, personally I don't discuss digital aspect but it's a reality that we live with. I just use what gives good results.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I printed Ektar 100 on RA4 by myself, but then I have a colour head on my enlarger and Unicolor tubes...

If you're serious about colour printing, it could be worth investing in a colour head. I got my Vivitar VI with dioptic colour head, and lens for 100$. Canadian Dollars!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin