Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,611   Online: 697

Shooter
    35mm

My Fuji 800 Has Arrived

Fuji 800 Was out of stock when I ordered it a few weeks ago but it arrived today,just about to put it into the EOS 10 and then start shooting tomorrow to see if its as good as I remember.
    I always loved this film for its vibrant colours and lack of grain at high ASA,hope time has not changed it
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Is it the Superia 800 or Pro 800Z? I like the Fuji 800 flavours too. The Superia 800 is especially nice, I think.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I really love these. My fav is the 800z. Do you over exp? I always do by at least one stop.

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't had a chance to use 800Z yet but commonly use and love 400H (reasons why).

Superia is nice, but it's no Fuji 400H.

Shooter
    35mm
    Both Fuji and Kodak 800 speed films are good (not the Max film) but I prefer Portra 800 to eother Fuji film. I think the Portra has finer grain. When it comes to the 400 speed Fuji films I prefer Superia in most situations. It has more contrast and works well in just about any situation. The Pro 400 has lower contrast and maybe even finer grain but can look flat with some subjects.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recently tried my first roll of 800z. Found it to be awesome. Rendered beautiful colors under stadium light, and a very warm tone under gallery light.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Devoped my first roll of 800Z at home last night. Lost track of time and it spent about 4:00minutes in the developer instead of 3:15. This was out of a Rolleiflex 2.8E. The colors are rich and true with a very smooth grain. I will be shooting more of this for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img453.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, the 800z is very nice. Did you rate it at 800, or 640? For normal processing I typically rate it at 640... unless I really need the speed.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Keith,

I think you were directing that last question towards me. Yes it was rated at 800 and was slightly overdeveloped(not on purpose). It doesn't seem the overdeveloping had and negative impact. I have heard of others overexposing 800Z for more saturated look--this is plenty saturation for me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin