Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,847   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When it gets too old - you can use it as a colour developer in colour reversal and just let it sit for a fair bit longer too completion - I got decently accruate results with Rodinal (first dev)/C41 (colour dev) for Astia, wacky results for C41 xpro'ed as reversal in C41 though...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just processed 3 rolls of C-41 120 format. The temperature pre-programmed on the Jobo is set at 38.0ºC.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, that may account for the temperature drop as the water is recirculated.

However, another thought struck me. All thermometers have an immersion depth marked on them, which should be the length of the thermometer submerged in the liquid being measured. This is usuall (in the US) 2", 3" or TI (Total Immersion). If you don't follow the guide marked on the thermometer, then the reading will not be as accurate as it could be and this may explain some reported differences.

IDK how this applies to stainless steel stem thermometers, but I have seen differences based on depth of solution being measured.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a question about my old JOBO-tank (CPA). Normally the part where the bottles are in and the part were the tank "rolls" are connected and the water runs through and you have in both parts the same temperature. But last night, i noticed that that wasn't the case anymore with my tank and the part with the chemicals was warming up and the other part wasn't. I'd like to ask if that would have a consequence for developing my negatives (120, color, Tetenal). And does anyone know how i could resolve it, there's probably dirt in the part inbetween how could I make it free again? Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm glad this thread was resurrected. Currently I am using a digital temperature controller wired to an outlet and a fish tank heater for my C-41 and am curious about either calibrating it or purchasing something. When I develop myself, my negatives come out with a magenta haze over everything,and some very extreme grain. I'm guessing it's the temperature. Should I invest in a true PID controller instead?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C41 is best when all of the temps are at the values in the instructions. If you vary, you get results that are off the norm.

Any action to bring the temps in-line will help.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin