Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,383   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Looks fine to me.

TEX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking at the enlarged image, I see detail in the bride's white dress, and the white car does not look blown out; the flesh tones of the faces look perfect, with detail in the shadows; the background is mostly dark tones, but you can see detail in most of the shadows there. If it were any less contrasty, I'd say it was too flat. In other words, it's exactly what I would expect from Portra NC.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Isn't it called Portra because it excels at potraiture tones i.e. skin tones and if so the brdie and groom's tones look spot-on. In addition the rest of the picture has a snappy saturation and contrasty look. I think this is ideal.

I have seen portra NC look quite a bit less saturated but with all that implies from a negative point of view for wedding pics. For a wedding I don't think the bride and groom would thank you for anything less saturated while retaining natural skin tones.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's the pic of the little girl that I thought was a worse example although going back and looking at the print and it looks ok, which is weird because the other pics in that set taken with Portra 160nc seem to have the Portra look I would expect on the screen and I don't have the prints of that to hand any more although they were developed and scanned at a consumer lab. maybe it could be down to make-up?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure if Portra might have at least a little of that 'Kodachrome effect' to it, which might cause saturation to vary widely, depending on the lighting or the subject itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    Looks fine to me.

TEX
    What he said.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To be honest I always use Fuji Pro 160S, but they look fine to me ,I'm sure your clients will be happy with them .
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin