Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,691   Online: 908

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sure with most Fuji Films 3stops are fine. It's hard to blow out the highlights on the pro line of films and a lot of folk, myself included, do this on purpose. This film should bring you 9 to 10 stops of Latt. and you very well may have found a new Style for you. I think you'll like the Sat as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've pulled 14 stops in C41 before, if youre doing home chemistry there is not much of a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I've pulled 14 stops in C41 before
    No; you have not...unless by "pull" you mean something other than contraction.

If you mean that you have been able to record a scene with 14 stops of dynamic range, then of course you can do that with color negative film...but this is not called pulling.

Home vs. lab chemistry has no bearing whatsoever on the amount of contraction that can be applied to a color neg.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    ...Home vs. lab chemistry has no bearing whatsoever on the amount of contraction that can be applied to a color neg.
    Home processing does.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C-41 films can only take a certain amount of underdevelopment, regardless of whether it is being done in a dip and dunk machine or in a hand tank. Sure, labs will pull C-41 beyond 1/2 stop if you order them to do it, and sure, you can pull beyond 1/2 stop yourself. However, there is a point with C-41 beyond which one cannot achieve standard results in color and/or density, regardless of how it is processed. Hand processing makes development modifications cheaper to try out, but does not make good results more possible.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    C-41 films can only take a certain amount of underdevelopment, regardless of whether it is being done in a dip and dunk machine or in a hand tank. Sure, labs will pull C-41 beyond 1/2 stop if you order them to do it, and sure, you can pull beyond 1/2 stop yourself. However, there is a point with C-41 beyond which one cannot achieve standard results in color and/or density, regardless of how it is processed. Hand processing makes development modifications cheaper to try out, but does not make good results more possible.
    You are right. Big difference between color and B&W when it comes to C41 processing.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin