Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,563   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks for that. Hopefully then, it may be down to Postman Plod being on strike recently.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got five rolls back in about a week. They actually did a better job with it than they have done in the past. They even followed my do not cut or mount instructions. As someone said it is not like anything else. I have not been very excited about Kodachrome because there is not much you can do with it other than look at it on a light table. I finally figured out how to scan it accurately and have rediscovered the joys of Kodachrome.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here in Austria, with the "Kodak PhotoPerfect" service available at a major food supermarket chains, it is between slightly less than 3 and more than four weeks. The film is first sent to an Austrian lab, then to Kodak at Lausanne, Switzerland, and finally to Dwayne's. It might be faster if I mail the films to Kodak Stuttgart, but this is too risky.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Before the discontinuation announcement, turn around wasn't usually more than 2 weeks from the UK, sometimes as little as 8 days. The four rolls I've sent off since have all taken 3 weeks or more, and that was before the postal strikes started.

If you email ch-kodachrome@kodak.com with the unique ID from the mailer label they can tell you if and when the roll was received in Lausanne. I once had a roll disappear in the postal system for 7 or 8 weeks before it was even logged in to Kodak's system!

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps turnaround time or more distinctly the possibility of film going missing has reduced the potential of Kodachrome for professional use going back to whenever K14 was more available.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received the roll of Kodachrome on Tuesday, so the film is still getting through.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin