Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,182   Online: 694

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, I know the theory behind it, and how unforgiving slide film is. A meter is in my near future anyway, slides or otherwise.

I just bought a 10-pack of 4x5 as an experiment to see if taping it into the pack of the Polaroid would even work, and slide film was available in smaller (and thus cheaper) packages than B&W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmekon View Post
    Yep, I know the theory behind it, and how unforgiving slide film is. A meter is in my near future anyway, slides or otherwise.

I just bought a 10-pack of 4x5 as an experiment to see if taping it into the pack of the Polaroid would even work, and slide film was available in smaller (and thus cheaper) packages than B&W.
    Good 4x5 slides are stunning, but I would really recommend you refine you're technique with a smaller format first like 120.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two questions: Does E6 work the same as c41? Meaning extreme precise temp control etc?
    Second question how did you tape a slide into a polaroid pack? I'm interested.

(Sorry for dragging up an old thread)
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes it works in the same way, BUT I wouldn't say "extreme precise" -- both C-41 and E6 work very well and easily at home if you are just normally careful.

In fact, the official tolerances for E6 are not as tight as for C-41; you see, 30 seconds (15% of 3'15) in C-41 is one-stop push, while 2 minutes (30% of 6'30) in E6 is the same one-stop push. As you can see, it tolerates more. Same goes with temperatures. But on the other hand, with chromes you don't usually have the additional printing stage to correct things.

So yes, if you can keep the water bath to +/- 0.2C, you will get about perfect results. However, even a bit more sloppy process, like +/- 0.4C, probably gives perfectly satisfactory results for most people. Most labs are not so good either..... There are "pro labs" and real pro labs.

If you use the chemistry as one-shot and mix it carefully, there's no real problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok because I want to shoot some 4x5 fuij slides. Since it cost me 6 euro per sheet to have it develloped I might try to develop it myself and save a couple of euro's. I have recently bought a warming plate for chemicals so I should be fine then.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin