Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 657

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    How many rolls are in a Pro-Pack? Back in 2001 or so, I ordered quite a few rolls (for me) of Velvia from B&H. They came in the little green boxes and wrapped in cellophane. I can't remember how many rolls I bought, it seems that it was 20 if I recall. Sadly, when I went digital in 2004, I tossed probably 7-10 rolls thinking that I would never use it again.

Jared
    Not sure about Fuji, but Kodak Portra is sold in 5 and 20 roll pro-packs.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Box or not, I don't think there's any film that comes with the little info sheets any more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you actually need the "little paper" in this electronic day and age when obtaining more detailed information from the Fuji (or any manufacturer's) website re data sheets for Velvia 50, 100, 100F et al is less wasteful?
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    35mm
    'Do you actually need the "little paper" in this electronic day and age when obtaining more detailed information from the Fuji (or any manufacturer's) website re data sheets for Velvia 50, 100, 100F et al is less wasteful?"

No, not really. I just wondered what happened to it. I found the data sheet for my film on Fuji's website.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are buying it with no individual box, it just means that it has been broken out of a "pro pack". As for the piece of paper...I have not seen one of those for a while from any manufacturer. I get them in older film that has been expired for years.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji sell 35mm Velvia in single rolls boxed but many dealers don't order them, my local pro dealer only sells the 5 roll packs and won't split them, but I console myself that if I shoot more than one roll of a subject all the film is from the same emultion batch.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah I think most of the companies split pro packs when possible. It's only for films not sold in pro packs (like ektar 100) which are sold in bricks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I miss the inserts that used to come with Kodak film with the suggested exposure settings for manual cameras.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A lot of the boxed films usually have exposure details printed on the inside of the box
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ira Rush View Post
    (Actually I think the "Brick" is 10 rolls, not 20)
    I know Kodak sells TMY in 10 roll bricks (10 yellow boxes in plastic wrap packed 2x5) because I've purchased TMY this way before.

Lately I've noticed that digitaltruth.com is offering TMY in what they call a "20 Roll Value Multi-Pack". Does anyone know if this is a Kodak packaging (perhaps 2-bricks)? How is it packaged, i.e. individual boxes or a single box with 20 film cans?

I too like individual boxes as this is the only sure fire way of keeping the expiration dates together with the film without having to jump through hoops.

Denis K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin