Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,624   Online: 712

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Does film come in the little boxes anymore?

Back in 2004 and before, whenever I purchased a roll of Fujichrome Velvia, it came in a little green box with a folded up paper with the characteristics of the film. Now when I purchase the newer Velvia 50, it just comes in the little plastic film can, no little paper as before.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know about Velvia 50, as far as I know other brands come in boxes.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    Back in 2004 and before, whenever I purchased a roll of Fujichrome Velvia, it came in a little green box with a folded up paper with the characteristics of the film. Now when I purchase the newer Velvia 50, it just comes in the little plastic film can, no little paper as before.

Jared

Jared,

Sure it does!

Depends where you buy it.... some dealers will sell individual rolls (both 35mm and roll film) from Pro-Packs, hence no box, no paper blurb.

A dealer I go to sells film both in individual boxes and as you describe, from Pro-Packs.

With the 35mm in the plastic film can, there is no real way of knowing how fresh it is (expiration date) or the emulsion batch. With individual rolls of 120/220 from a Pro-Pack, since its wrapped in foil those details are on the foil.

Anyway, bottom line, depends where you buy it, check out another source if you can!

Hope this helps

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the pro films are now sold in packs of 5. Individual shops split these down. The little cardboard boxes are still use for the consumer films like Superia.

Shooter
    35mm
    "Anyway, bottom line, depends where you buy it, check out another source if you can!"

I buy my Velvia 50 from Sahara Camera in Las Vegas. I noticed that the clerk pulls a large green box out of the refrigerator and then digs down in the box and pulls however many rolls I ask for. They charge around $8.55 a roll there; Casey's Camera also sells Velvia 50, but it is over $12 a roll there! B&H only charges around $6 something a roll, but then you have to pay shipping.

It would be nice to know the expiration date!

I wonder if I can get the new Velvia 50's characteristics (reciprocity failure, etc..) from Fuji's webpage? I think that I will go and see.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly for colour, but ILFORD and Kodak black & white 135 films come individually packed, then cellophane wrapped per 10 pack.

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, many of the pro color films come in 5-packs now. Reala still available in 10-pk bricks of boxes, though, probably Superia 1600 as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I recently purchased several rolls of film from B&H. Everything came boxed except the Velvia 100, which arrived in plastic film cannisters with emulsion # and exp date tape to the outside of the cannisters

Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    How many rolls are in a Pro-Pack? Back in 2001 or so, I ordered quite a few rolls (for me) of Velvia from B&H. They came in the little green boxes and wrapped in cellophane. I can't remember how many rolls I bought, it seems that it was 20 if I recall. Sadly, when I went digital in 2004, I tossed probably 7-10 rolls thinking that I would never use it again.

Jared

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    How many rolls are in a Pro-Pack? Back in 2001 or so, I ordered quite a few rolls (for me) of Velvia from B&H. They came in the little green boxes and wrapped in cellophane. I can't remember how many rolls I bought, it seems that it was 20 if I recall. Sadly, when I went digital in 2004, I tossed probably 7-10 rolls thinking that I would never use it again.

Jared
    Well a Pro-Pack (usually for roll film 120 or 220) come as 5 rolls per pack. I think some 35mm come as Pro-Packs too with 5 per roll.

Some dealers will repackage individual rolls and sell them as Pro-Packs

What you are describing... 20 rolls wrapped in cellophane is called a "BricK".
    Perhaps that's what you are thinking.

Again, shop around, ask around.

(Actually I think the "Brick" is 10 rolls, not 20)
    Last edited by Ira Rush; 11-05-2009 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin