Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,617   Online: 728

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is the 45mm lens tight when it's mounted? Maybe the darkslide is warped? I hate these intermittent problems - you can't find anything to fix and you live in fear of them !! No better than cars !!!

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, yes it is irritating, and means I can't use the camera for serious work until I've got it figured out.

Here's a link to info on the RF645: http://photo.net/equipment/bronica/rf645

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just looked at the contact sheet again, (would love to post it - but I can't scan for the time being) and the light definitely changed. In my case I took four frames in relatively quick succession with the camera tripod-mounted and with the same lens. The difference in the frames was two with and two without a G2 filter and an exposure variation of 2/3 stop for each of the two "sets". The mark shows on one filtered and one unfiltered frame but it's clear that the light changed. (It was in the U.K. !) The more I look at it, the only thing I can conceive is a freak reflection into the lens from something. I was using the 100mm macro so I'll get that out later and see if I can see any bare metal on any part at the front. I also tend to stand right up next to the camera when it's tripod-mounted, so it could have been something I was wearing!

Many years ago I had a similar incident with a different outfit. It stopped me trusting the camera for a long time, though I did use it - and it never happened again. I'm not going that route again though. I'll just keep using the system.........until it comes back to bite me in the arse!

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting story Bob, but this problem seems more continuos, at least for the time being.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now that I've printed the same negatives with the DeVere 5108 enlarger & Rodenstock Rodagon 150mm f/5.6 lens without finding these marks, it seems as though the problem is with the other lens, the Schneider Componon-S 80mm f/4.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow - I'd never have gone there Tom! Glad it's sorted though - you can take photographs with your mind at ease!!!

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well Bob, the plot thickens, I'm now not so sure it is the lens...

See this:

The scratches line up with the density marks seen in prints. In the Meopta Magnifax the metal lens carrier sits close to the the diffuser so it is entirely possibly that I have bashed the carrier up against the plastic on multiple occasions.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like you've found the culprit Tom. The fact that you didn't notice this on other negs may be due to the fact that the marks "lined up" with higher density portions of those negatives. I wonder if the black marks are residual paint from the negative carrier. The scratches probably wouldn't be a big problem if they didn't have density. Perhaps that could be cleaned out. Alternatively you should be able to replace the diffusion material. I don't know if Meopta sells this part - and even if they don't, some other neutral diffusion material should work. The alternative, of course, is to take only photographs with highlights in those exact areas. Guess not!

Seeing the Meopta takes me back. I used to sell Meopta enlargers at my Dad's shop back in the sixties and seventies in Surrey. ( Aahh - the "Good Old Days" - back when men were men and wore floral shirts and bell-bottomed jeans )

Post how it works out Tom. Good luck mate.

Bob H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

Thankfully I have a spare and RK Photographic still sells spare parts.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin