Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,366   Online: 1170

Shooter
    35mm

question on room temp printing

so I finally got my darkroom set up, picked up a color head for my bessler 23c and have tetenals ra4 room temp darkroom kit. All I'm getting is black. No image at all. Any ideas on how to get an image. I'm new to color printing.
    Thanks
    -Talley

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm using a similar room temperature kit made by Fotospeed. My exposures are typically 8-10 seconds at f11, 'room temperature' for me is around 17C.

Maybe you could give us a bit more information such as the above and also what paper you're using. Do you have a safelight?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    boy perkeleellinen,

17c's cold! its like 24 out here in California. my mum croons for a proper "english winter" though. she's a UK'er.

-dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    17c's cold!
    The other day I had to abandon printing because the developer had dropped to 15C. Brrr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fully black??

Do you have a safelight or lights on? Put the lights off completely, including any safelight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are paying a premium for a room temperature kit, you should be aware that the Kodak RA-RT developer replenisher functions at 68F (20C) just fine. So, no need to pay a premium.

You should also be aware that there are reports here on APUG that Fuji CA papers do not fare as well at RT. IDK personally if this is true.

And, if your paper is black, even in the borders, then it was somehow fogged. If the picture area is black and the borders are white or orangish, then this means that the paper was severely overexposed.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Through in a sheet to the developer without exposure and if it comes out black that means you're out $30. sorry. It's happened to me three too many times...

I use Kodak Supra Endura with the Kodak RT developer and it's currently working beautifully. I'm told it's more sensitive than black and white papers which is probably true so make sure your darkroom is light tight. And I would kill any safelights you dare be using until you're sure you've eliminated the problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The blue sensitive layer of Endura as an ISO speed of about 100 which is 2 stops faster than normal B&W enlarging papers. The green sensitive layer is about 1 stop faster than normal B&W enlarging papers and the red layer is about as sensitive as a normal B&W enlarging paper.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin