Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,828   Online: 955

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Poly, ya, I get that, "An event is not the time to be learning how your equipment works." this is a one of a kind service that is always shot during the day. This isn't a wedding, it's something were I give my time for something very, very good. geezzzz....

bdial, that's just what I'll do, thanks tons guys.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No time to be trying new things for sure but if you must ----- You can use flash exposure bracketing; might not be bad to have a bit of insurance. Also, Slow Sync will bring out backround details using available light. Close-ups of people with no backround always look like deer in the headlights floating in space! Good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're welcome. Break a leg.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hope the OP lives near Dwane's if he's on such a tight schedule.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry, slightly more snide than I intended. Take it more like "do some playing/testing with the flash before the event". If you don't have a DSLR, load up some cheap ISO100 negs, set camera ISO to 64 (the extra exposure won't bother the film but will give you an idea of the shutter speeds achievable), shoot a roll indoors and take it to a 1-hour lab.

Try flash in full-auto, direct and bounced. Try slow sync. Try slow sync and about -1 flash compensation.

You want to balance ambient and flash if you can, except where the colours will be horrible. Balancing is much much easier with faster film since it means you can get more ambient in with acceptable shutter speeds. So I'd recommend taking some 400NC or similar for this event.

A faster lens will also help you balance against very low ambient.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Troops delayed until 1700.
    Thank you again for all your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin