Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,088   Online: 974

Shooter
    Multi Format

RA4 chemicals life

Hi all,
    I have a question for you: some months ago I purchased a kit of Fujihunt CPRA chemicals to use with my rotary tube processor. The processor contains a lot of chemicals (9 liters for the developer, 6 for the blix).
    I use the processor not very often, letís say once in a month. Every time I abundantly replenish (letís say half liter of developer and of blic), and the results are ok, with good blacks and pure whites. But, I was wondering: can I go on indefinitely replenishing or soon or later will I be forced to dump all the chemicals and start from the beginning? How can I monitor my chemicals? Or do you suggest more economical alternatives for small volumes?
    Thank you!
    Damiano
    www.damianofedeli.it/english
    _______
    "I am a man, and nothing human is alien to me" (Terence, Latin dramatist)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would guess that with that sort of agressive relenishment you will go on a very long time. What you are doing is just leaving the old half to fill the volume in the tanks, and the replenisher is actually the active ingredient. You may want to consider mixing the replenisher as more of a working tank solution if adding that much at once.

A time may come when the tanks get too grungy and the filters start to get loaded when the time may come to dump and scrub and regen from scratch.

I run a CP-31 (2l/tank) I store Kodak RA-RT in full jugs between uses in a cool dark place and just had success printing with lightly used 5 month old chems, with a replenishment rate of 20mL per 8x10.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thank you, Mike!
    www.damianofedeli.it/english
    _______
    "I am a man, and nothing human is alien to me" (Terence, Latin dramatist)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin