Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,923   Posts: 1,522,102   Online: 787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow, really nice! Although it has an impression that it is not shot with film but with digital. But grain levels are really good!
    I really like the cinematic look of portra 800.

Right now it seems that I have some issues with portra delivery. Local shops are not able to get it in my given time limit(week and half) plus stores are empty.
    I have to look what fuji has to offer since fuji presence is much stronger here. I have heard that NPH 400 is quite good. Are there any other viable options beside Superia 1600?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji Pro 800Z is a great film for this type of work, especially if you want to reduce the exaggerated effects of mixed lighting.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have shot 800z at 1600 and dev'ed for 3200 and it looks good, at least in 645 format.

The slide film provia 400x also works well to those kinds of speeds.

Ultimately, though, one wants to use a combination of fast lenses, modertately fast film, and clever attention to the direction of ambient light... i.e. know which shots not to take and how to gently coax your subject into the right spot. You don't want to try to do it all with only one of these factors. It takes all of them to get good available light results.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    To get as much help as possible you need to tell us where you are. U.K.? U.S? Europe? www.fujilab.co.uk is selling Fuji pro 400 (35mm) at £1.73 per 36 exposures. It will deliver to non U.K. destinations. The film is outdated but has an expiry date of October 09 so is as good as new.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Splin View Post
    Although it has an impression that it is not shot with film but with digital.
    No it certainly does not. Its look is more far from digital than with many other films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Fuji Pro 800Z.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihmemies View Post
    Superia 1600 is very, very impressive if you expose it properly. It doesn't tolerate much overexposure, and underexposure produces very thin shadows - which in turn appear really grainy. There is no real 1600 speed alternative if you want a fast color negative.

Some s1600 shots: http://hakkarainen.kuvat.fi/kuvat/20...0-01+-+Sitsit/
    I'm impressed with the colour balance of these shots in artificial light, was the lighting fluorescent or tungsten ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I reccomend Portra 800 for color or T-Max 3200 for black and white which can be push processed to 25000 :o
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin