Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,601   Online: 968

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fun with a found roll of film

I found this roll of film in my barn/outbuilding in my back yard. I didn't put it in there, and I've owned this house for 6 years now so it's at least that old, if not older. I figured what the heck, put it in my Vivitar EF35 and just shot away. When it was done, I took it to CVS and had the roll developed and it turned out interesting I think.

So what do y'all think? The heat and cold seem to have shifted everything towards green. All the photos here were taken in full daylight and no filters. I'm almost tempted to put a few rolls in the barn to "age" a few years before I shoot them!

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting, and a quite pleasing effect, especially in the first shot...looks almost like a hand-colored picture.
    What make was the film (presumably a negative film, rather than a slide film?), and how far past-its-expiry-date?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was Kodak Max 400. The roll was unboxed and not in a plastic canister outside for at least 6 years, so I have no idea when it expired. It was out there so long the DX tabs were rusted!

Michael
    Last edited by McFortner; 11-12-2009 at 07:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow! I just bought a cartridge of 110 Kodak Gold that expired in 1998 I found in an old country store. Wonder if I'll get similar results!

Shooter
    35mm
    neat wow oooo cool...
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very interesting. I thought the images were kinda neat!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ruined one such a found film by shooting it over.
    It was in some old camera, rewound back to 2nd-3rd frame, did shoot the rest just to find out it was already exposed. Got nice set of double exposures.
    So watch out with those found films

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin