Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,185   Online: 982
      
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22
  1. #21
    Denis P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Croatia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    466
    Images
    9
    Thanks, Ron... Helpful and knowledgeable as always
    Denis

  2. #22
    Denis P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Croatia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    466
    Images
    9

    And the results...

    OK, I developed two rounds yesterday, reusing the chemistry for the second round. I used the Fuji 6x kit.

    In the first round I developed two 4x5 sheets of Velvia 100 (outdated in Dec. 2008), in Jobo 2523 drum on a Jobo CPA2, "by the book", i.e. (approx. 300 ml for all chemicals, this Jobo drum calls for 270 ml):

    1) Warm-up (drum with no liquid inside, rolling on the processor) = 5:00
    2) First developer = 6:45 (I added 15 seconds for Fuji film, as I read somewhere)
    3) Rinse = 3:00 (4 exchanges of water)
    4) Reversal bath = 2:00
    5) Color developer = 4:00
    6) Pre-bleach = 2:00
    7) Bleach = 6:00
    8) Fixer = 4:00
    9) Wash = 6:00 (approx. 8-9 exchanges of water on the processor, 300 ml each)
    10) Final rinse = 1:00

    Step #10 was done off the processor, film removed from the tank and dipped into final rinse in a separate dish...

    The results are OK, from what I can say (never did any cromes before, let alone large format). The shots were rather difficult, backlit yard full of leaves, with the Sun in the frame, coming through the tree branches. Not an easy shot to meter under any circumstances... and perhaps not a good shot for the first E6 test run

    Anyway, I wanted to see whether I can reuse the same chemistry, so immediately after these two 4x5 films were done, I dried the tank and did it all again with one roll of medium format Ektachrome 100 - expired in 2001
    Unfortunately, I forgot about that when exposing this roll - I perhaps should have exposed it at EI80 or even 50, but I used 100 ASA - nominal value... I forgot about it being long expired...

    Anyway, I extended the times for the second run by half a minute (everything except rinses). The roll came out a bit too dense, I think. Again, I'm no expert for chromes, but when I showed the results today to a friend who used to run a lab, he said they look quite OK. Maybe a little dense, but still OK.

    So, I guess the times are OK - when doing the second run with the same chemicals, it's OK to add 30 seconds. You just need to take into account the quantity of film you're doing.

    As for longevity, I prepared 500ml of solutions - and topped the original concentrate bottles with lighter gas... We don't have Protectan spray here, and I've read that lighter gas will do in a pinch
    I wish I could attach a nice scan, but my scanning skills suck big time. I manage with B&W somehow, but color... no way...

    Denis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin