Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,745   Online: 1096

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji Hunt vs Kodak chems for E6 and C-41

hey all,

so I've been researching 5L kits for E6 and C-41. I've heard that both processes and chemistrys from both fuji-hunt and kodak are essentially the same formulas, but are generally formulated for each of their films, etc...

kodak chems for kodak films, fuji for fuji films, etc....

So, I've got access to a Jobo system, and was wondering if the constant agitation would affect the lifespan of the chems involved, especially developers and blixes....

pricing wise, since I seem to only see F-H chems on UK sites, pricing comparison? I use both Kodak and Fuji films, for c-41 and e-6, depending on how I want to portray what I'm shooting, certain films for certain situations.

are the 5L kits designed for 1 shot use in all them chems? I would assume that you could re-use them, extending dev times.

Recommendations? I have been shooting mostly 4x5 and 120/220 lately, leaving 35mm in the bag at home. So, sq. inches of film for replenishment rate/ getting new chems, etc....

thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel,

I use the Fujihunt 5 litre C-41 kit and get approx. 30 rolls processed one-shot per kit in a Jobo.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tom,

ok. one shot for ALL the chems, not just dev?

thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    one shot for all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Daniel
    We little or no difference in the chemicals except the dev when we switched to Fuji from Kodak ( a cost saving reason only). I needed to increase replenishment by 25-30% in the first and color dev to maintain a in control process. There went the savings!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    hey all,

so I've been researching 5L kits for E6 and C-41. I've heard that both processes and chemistrys from both fuji-hunt and kodak are essentially the same formulas, but are generally formulated for each of their films, etc...

kodak chems for kodak films, fuji for fuji films, etc....

So, I've got access to a Jobo system, and was wondering if the constant agitation would affect the lifespan of the chems involved, especially developers and blixes....

pricing wise, since I seem to only see F-H chems on UK sites, pricing comparison? I use both Kodak and Fuji films, for c-41 and e-6, depending on how I want to portray what I'm shooting, certain films for certain situations.

are the 5L kits designed for 1 shot use in all them chems? I would assume that you could re-use them, extending dev times.

Recommendations? I have been shooting mostly 4x5 and 120/220 lately, leaving 35mm in the bag at home. So, sq. inches of film for replenishment rate/ getting new chems, etc....

thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ya,

I know I won't have the throughput of film to run a replenished system. And when I shoot sheet film, it is in batches. Generally 20-30 sheets at a time. I tend to go through cycles. B/W for a while, then back to color. Sometimes both at the same time.

so single shot will probably be the best for me in terms of consistency from roll to roll and run to run. I will use distilled water to mix the stabilizer.

so, what's the poll, do you use Fuji or Kodak chems, and why? I have been sending sheet c-41 and e-6(well, all my e6 lately) to Samy's in Santa Barbara. They are doing it for $5/roll for 135/120/220. But the turnaround can sometimes be a little bit of a noose on my 'turnaround neck'. Otherwise, I've had no problems with my Kodak sheet and roll film(both EK and Fuji) in their FUJI chems for both processes. They run dip-n-dunk, and they are a lab, not a 1-man student operation as I am .

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    also, does anyone have a cheap(er) source for both Kits?

just for reference, I like to shoot Provia, some Velvia 50(for flowers and times when I want saturation), and E100G for most other things. I like the reciprocity times on the Fuji though, but the E100G is still my fav for color balance. Especially if I shoot portraits on 4x5 E6.

for color neg 4x5 I'm working through some 400nc I got in an impulse buy from a guy on ebay for $10/box(10 sheets), expired in late '07. 24 boxes total, down to 18 or 19 now. All in the freezer sitting pretty.

-Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Where are you finding the Fuji kits? I have had good luck with Kodak for both E6 and C41, on both Fuji and Kodak films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mostly uk sites. I don't know of anyone here in the states that carries Fuji Hunt chems for film.

anyone know of a source?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pakor and a few others do LIST them but what I've found...
    http://www.pakor.com/Category/Fuji_Chemistry.cfm

is when you go to actually try to give them money they are "out of stock"
    I haven't tried to get Fuji but sourcing all the components from one place is next to impossible. I tried looing for kits but gave up on that and sourced the individual chemicals from about 3 places including getting my Bleach III for C41 on eBay. (thanks Tiberius )

Fuji is rougher than others here in the States for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin