Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,383   Online: 727

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    interesting. I have never seen a dye transfer in person before. I'd like to get the chance too.

I went to the Getty out here in LA the other day to see a I. Penn exhibit, Small Trades. Very interesting work. Pt/Pd prints as well as silver.

now I just have to write a 5 page paper on it .

so people were donating dye transfer materials to him? Is he now the only person doing dye transfer anymore? I know in his book he mentions one or two others, know if they're still doing it as well?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A google search for Dye Transfer reveals the dye transfer workers and the DT SIG on Yahoo. It is quite active.

Ctein and Jim Browning are both DT printers. Ctein works from color negatives and makes prints using Pan Matrix Film, whereas Jim works from Matrix film via Transparencies. Both of them produce stunning prints. If you have not seen one, by all means make an effort.

Ctein and Jim both accept donations of DT materials. My last box of 16x20 Kodak DT paper went to Ctein. He is a very nice person to communicate with and does superb work.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin