Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,507   Online: 846

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Tom
    All of the tanks I own for the 2300 will only allow for 4 rolls of 220 or 8 rolls of 120.
    If you are using an extender? then maybe more rolls of 220 are possible.
    I have been doing 1 shot on the 2300 for many years and I always use 1000ml of chems. Film is consistantly good , I would be cautious with an extra roll of 220 .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    The Fujihunt documentation does not match the Jobo documentation, and the Jobo manuals seem more concerned with coverage than developer activity, so here is my question:

Using the ATL-2300 I can physically process five rolls of 220 film in one go using 1000ml developer, although I have not done so yet. Is processing the approximate equivalent to 800 square inches of film realistic? The very conservative Kodak documentation states one 220 film per litre, however I'm currently processing three 120 colour negative films at once in 470ml developer.

Tom

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Mr. Bill, thanks for the response.... but the developer is just one of 6 chemicals, so the overall savings for each roll must be very low? Or is the developer dis proportionately expensive? I have not bought any chemicals yet, just getting ready to set-up 2300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Tom
    All of the tanks I own for the 2300 will only allow for 4 rolls of 220 or 8 rolls of 120.
    If you are using an extender? then maybe more rolls of 220 are possible.
    I have been doing 1 shot on the 2300 for many years and I always use 1000ml of chems. Film is consistantly good , I would be cautious with an extra roll of 220 .
    One of the tanks I use is the Jobo 2583 which will take 5 / 10 120 or 5 220 films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    but the developer is just one of 6 chemicals, so the overall savings for each roll must be very low?
    Well, I thought you were only asking about the developer. BTW, you mention 6 chemicals - C-41 only uses 4 (not counting washes). I see you have a newer post about E-6, perhaps that's what you're asking about? I don't think I can help much with E-6, having never used it.

Regarding C-41, there are basically only 4 chemicals. Going off the top of my head, I'd say, for a single use operation, chemical cost would run, from high to low: bleach, developer, fixer, and stabilizer (very cheap). Bleach's high cost is in the actual bleach component.

If you were to run a replenished system, costs, from high to low, would be developer, bleach, fix, and stabilizer. Bleach has become much cheaper because you are no longer throwing away so much of the bleaching agent. Overall, the cost when replenishing everything is probably(?) more than 5 times cheaper, as an off-hand guess.

By the way, I'm not even sure that you CAN use replenished developer in a Jobo rotary machine; oxidation might kill it in short order. It looks like other posters, who DO use Jobos, don't replenish, so they probably could answer this. My own experience is mostly high volume - more than mini-lab machines could do; in these situations, single-use would not even be considered. But when your processing volume is low, and the chemical cost becomes trivial compared to your time, then single-use perhaps is sensible.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bob, you can use, if you have, the Jobo Duo-clips which allow you two (2) rolls of 120 on one reel. Take a bit of getting use to but will become easy.
    I've gone thru this until with every combo / dev / film around so If I can help just PM me. If you follow the Jobo instructions for your specific unit, life will be good. I've been bang on all the time execpt when it was my bad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    ... There are other "values", besides simply the immediate reduced cost. For example, a greatly reduced effluent load, or improved stability of developer activity.
    ... and less effort spent in mixing solutions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've just bought two 5L kits of Fujihunt chemicals and plan to use them with my ATL-1500.

For E6 I use kodak's single-use kit with great result. I normally run two rolls of 120 in 250ml of chemicals, and it works great. I run my 8x10" sheets in 125ml, and it works even though I think they turn up a bit darkish.

Anyhow, I've been browsing the forum for a good answer on what capacity the Fujihunt chemicals have but I haven't found one yet.

If I decide to go the single-use case I would love to be able to run 2 rolls in something like 250ml, otherwise it would be too expensive.

Maybe it's better to mix up 1L at a time, fill my chemicals bottles in the process to the top (~700ml) and then mix them back with the unused chemicals?

Can you guys tell me how you use these chemicals?

Thanks
    Johan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin