Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,244   Online: 952

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey darinwc;

I live in sacto too and I've been to many 99c stores over the years and I have yet to find any film...but the walgreens near my house sells Kodak 800 for 7$ a roll!

I guess I'm just not looking close enough...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Poundland (Guess what the per item cost is there) Used to Stock Ferrania Solaris, which was excellent for arcitectural shots, as it had low saturation colour which gave a colourised look. They're now stocking Kodak Colorplus
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a great deal to me!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheap arse is usually diseased.

Typical arse isn't cheap - comes with a 30 year mortgage. Watch out for balloon payments. Your property ends up floating away but you don't.

Oh wait... I'm not talking about film. Even so, nothing's free.
    Last edited by WolfTales; 11-24-2009 at 09:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I brake for fixer!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Probably but not always. I never buy "clearance" items either... not after getting shafted by Oriface Depot on some bad WD HD's. That was just the "last time" I bought something on clearance... seems like that's what retailers do when they want to dump their faulty merchandise on us consumers.

Ehh... this may have no bearing what-so-ever in this thread but it's worth mentioning, I think.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTales View Post
    Cheap arse is usually diseased.

Typical arse isn't cheap - comes with a 30 year mortgage. Watch out for balloon payments. Your property ends up floating away but you don't.

Oh wait... I'm not talking about film. Even so, nothing's free.
    Even back in the day, you couldn't get 13 pieces of arse for 99c.
    Arse can be cheap, but very rarely given away. There are always hidden costs somewhere
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arse can be cheap, but very rarely given away. There are always hidden costs somewhere
    You often wind up paying for it for the rest of your life!
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    35mm
    In U.K. English the use of the word "arse" is derogatory and has connotations of inferior, below par, poor quality. Overall it is a ruder word than it appears to be in U.S English. Cheap arse in the above context translates more accurately into the U.K. English "cheap skate" or "cheap and cheerful" which is closer to meaning cheap in the sense of very good value for money and useable while not top quality.

Two nations separated by a common language.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Not so "separated", sir. The word "arse" or "ass" is bad here too but often in the younger crowds it's used somewhat less than sparingly.

Don't forget that the word "f*ck" meant to knock on something... a door, for instance, and the phrase "knocking her up" is a derivative. English, being a live language, does evolve. Someday soon using the term "arse" will mean it's good like "bad" or "sick". When one calls something "sick-ass bad" it already means it's "outlandishly good" and "bad-ass" has been "extremely good" or "exceedingly powerful" for a long time now.
    Last edited by Mike1234; 11-25-2009 at 03:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    hmm the 99cent store here has 200 speed film.. but it doesnt say where it was made and i've had varying results with it. =[
    The film is ASA 200....blue and yellow box. Film container is typical Fuji, with the film cartridge being purple with "made in Japan" on it.

I just developed five rolls along with a roll of Ektar 100. While the Ektar is a better film, the 99cent stuff is really nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin