Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,452   Online: 1164

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    In U.K. English the use of the word "arse" is derogatory and has connotations of inferior, below par, poor quality. Overall it is a ruder word than it appears to be in U.S English. Cheap arse in the above context translates more accurately into the U.K. English "cheap skate" or "cheap and cheerful" which is closer to meaning cheap in the sense of very good value for money and useable while not top quality.

Two nations separated by a common language.

pentaxuser
    I am from Scotland.....always used arse, meaning ass...aka, buttocks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Given that the word Arse or Ass has so many connotations and also the tone in which it delivered and the contrast it delivers in comparison to the surrounding conversation, indicates only one thing to me..it is a word that can be easily embraced by film users everywhere, who better understands tones and contrasts ?

Now when I consider an ass..i think soft tonal changes, moderate contrast ................. wanders off into distance
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to change the topic off of arse , but does anyone know if Kodak makes the gold 100/200 in 120 anymore? I know they did, and have seen it on ebay before, but have never shot it.

I'm getting hooked on the stuff(1. b/c its damn cheap, and secondly, nice color rendition IMO). just would like the chance to put some through my rz if its still available, or if anyone has any I could try

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    cheapest film ive found was 50 cents AUD a roll at a second hand shop of some expired film... Konia Super SR 400 and Paradies Fotowelt

New here... would be Ektacolor 160 in 120 from ebay I'd guess.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Sorry to change the topic off of arse , but does anyone know if Kodak makes the gold 100/200 in 120 anymore? I know they did, and have seen it on ebay before, but have never shot it.

I'm getting hooked on the stuff(1. b/c its damn cheap, and secondly, nice color rendition IMO). just would like the chance to put some through my rz if its still available, or if anyone has any I could try

-Dan
    Must admit only ever seen it in 35mm
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Is this film Fuji C200?

The stuff talked about here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/4...rcial-lab.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin