Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,806   Posts: 1,581,396   Online: 1087

Shooter
    35mm

Elitechrome exp. 2005

I wanna say that my last roll of Elitechrome, developed yesterday in a professional lab, and expired 2005, shows distinctly a magenta shift.
    The roll was refrigerated at -18°C since purchase.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info. It least it was your last roll. I hope nothing important on the roll.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surprising (well not really... but how shifted is it)
    I just picked up a large lot of Ektachrome 100 EPP that expired in 1992 and has indeed shifted magenta but only a little. I was quite surprised.
    One brick had been frozen and one brick had been refrigerated.
    Once I get some more E6 experience and tighten my process abit I'll compare the 2 bricks and see how much better (if at all) the frozen batch is.

From what little I have read (and it's really highly subjective due to storage,other unknowns) Ektachome may be one of the better films for shelf life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you by any chance know which generation of Elite Chrome it was (check the rebate on the edge of the film)? EB-2 had a reputation for poor keeping, while I have never had a problem with expired EB-3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is something that seems to happen with Elite Chrome if it is not stored properly or is expired and not kept cold.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    That is something that seems to happen with Elite Chrome if it is not stored properly or is expired and not kept cold.
    Mine was always deep freezed at -18°C, still showing a distinct magenta shift...

Shooter
    35mm
    All in all I think this particular emulsion (EBX) is prone to magenta shift even when refrigerated or deep freezed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin