Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,463   Online: 1143

Thread: C41

Shooter
    Medium Format

C41

Hope someone can help with this. After years of processing my own C41 with no problems, I've suddenly got a 120 film that gradually shades to cyan towards one side. Obviously, any prints I try to make are very crossy and very difficult. It's making the prints almost look as if they have got L.C.D. Though obviously more pronounced towards one side. Anyone any ideas as to what could have caused this please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reminds me of being lightstruck, maybe from the backing not winding tight or a light leak in camera.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't think it's lightstruck, it doesn't have that look about it. If it is, it's a very brief, weak exposure to faint red light as it's cyan. I certainly don't have any light leaks in any of my Bronica backs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It could be an agitation/temperature/chemistry coverage issue. What kind of tank are you using?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexico531 View Post
    I don't think it's lightstruck, it doesn't have that look about it. If it is, it's a very brief, weak exposure to faint red light as it's cyan. I certainly don't have any light leaks in any of my Bronica backs.
    I've had that happen when the paper backing didn't wind tight enough, sometimes happens with a Bronnie back when the tension rollers get a little sprung. Do you remember how tight the roll was wound when you took it out? Fogging indoors quite often make red looking streaks on the image.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    I've had that happen when the paper backing didn't wind tight enough, sometimes happens with a Bronnie back when the tension rollers get a little sprung. Do you remember how tight the roll was wound when you took it out? Fogging indoors quite often make red looking streaks on the image.
    The roll was wound as tight as always; I'm always very careful about how tightly wound each roll of film is. It's not streaks as such - not the sort of appearance you would expect from a light leak. It looks more of a processing issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    It could be an agitation/temperature/chemistry coverage issue. What kind of tank are you using?
    I would tend to agree with what you say. It's a paterson multi reel tank. I've never had any issues with these tanks before, for either colour or mono, I find them very easy to use. The other 2 films that were processed in the same tank along with the problem film are fine. I always process 3 films at a time and it's never been a problem before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would it be much trouble to scan the strip so we can get a better idea?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Would it be much trouble to scan the strip so we can get a better idea?
    I've tried scanning some of the negs with my film scanner so I can illustrate the problem. Unfortunately, it cannot be seen on any of the negs when scanned via my film scanner - yes I did set the scanner to pos colour so that the images would be negative - but they just look like normal film with no faults. I admit it is rather faint but you can still it with the naked eye. I assume the scanner is correcting the fault in some way.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin