Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,591   Online: 1143

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Advise setting up Jobo 2300/2500 for e-6

I purchased a Jobo 2300 and 2500 to process e-6, I have no previous processing experience and have some questions for you seasoned pros ;-) Any input would be helpful...

1) Starting out, my e-6 processing level will be low, 20 rolls maybe once or twice a month. So I assume the 2300 is the more sensible one to set up first? Or maybe it does not matter?

2) I plan to process 35mm, 120/220 e-6. What drums should I purchase for these formats?

3) I assume its best to have a small hot water heater near the processor for best temperature control. Any recommendations on which one to buy? The feed water is Reverse Osmosis, so glass lined would be ideal.... I would think..

4) OK for all e-6 used chemicals to go straight down the city drain?

5) Is silver recover recommended, or is this only for very high volume processing? Any inline systems you can suggest?

6) I will be processing Fuji Films, is there any advantage to using fuji chemicals? I assume they are identical to Kodaks?

7) In another thread, "Kompressor" mentioned some Kodak chemical he purchased contains an excellent instruction booklet on the details of e-6 processing. Is this booklet available in pdf format anywhere? Or, if there is other "must read" e-6 processing information, please advise..

thank you all in advance...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aw, I wish I could type better, still in the hosp after a massive back operation (Yey, MiFi )
    Ping me in two days and I can help if no one else comes thu. I have the 2300.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Tom, thanks for the response, hope you feel better soon, I know that post op feeling to well ;-(
    I have time....
    next I will need information on your back surgery, heck, my lower back pain has ruined my life the last few years.... argggg....
    I enjoyed reading and looking at your web site...

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look here for E6 instructions in combination with Jobo's ATL.
    http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...pdf/index.html
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    thanks hka.... not many of these in English... I recall seeing some pdf files from Jobo in English, but can't find them now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msc20 View Post
    thanks hka.... not many of these in English... I recall seeing some pdf files from Jobo in English, but can't find them now?
    Those are on the link provided above:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...andbuch_GB.pdf

= comprehensive E6 instructions in English.

Denis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by msc20 View Post

4) OK for all e-6 used chemicals to go straight down the city drain?

6) I will be processing Fuji Films, is there any advantage to using fuji chemicals? I assume they are identical to Kodaks?

7) In another thread, "Kompressor" mentioned some Kodak chemical he purchased contains an excellent instruction booklet on the details of e-6 processing. Is this booklet available in pdf format anywhere? Or, if there is other "must read" e-6 processing information, please advise..

thank you all in advance...
    Hi... I recently (in the last few days) started doing my own at home E6 processing, using a JOBO CPE-2 Plus. So far, everything has worked perfectly - I'm using the Kodak 5L "one shot" kit of chemicals, so I can offer a bit of advice based on my experiences.

I've been pouring my chemicals straight into the kitchen sink - the JOBO has the lift attached, which makes it very easy to drain. The only chemical I really worry about is the bleach, which stinks to high heaven - I leave the tap running for a minute or so while emptying that chemical so as to provide an adequate flush down the drain.

I've also been using mostly Fuji rolls of Velvia 50, Astia 100, and Provia 400X, with the Kodak kit, and so far, all of the rolls have come out looking spot on perfect in the color department. I use 7:30 for the first developer time, everything else is as stated in the Kodak publication -

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/j83/j83.pdf

The thing that takes the most amount of time I'm finding is mixing up all of the chemicals... since everything is one-shot, I can't reuse between batches, so I'm trying to load two 120 rolls onto the reel at a time - that has gone a bit easier than I was expecting actually. I use the Kodak recommended amount of solution (250mL per sq ft of film) to determine the amount for this combo, which is 312.5mL (90 sq in per 120 roll x 2).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks Denis, that was the one I was looking for.... I must have over looked it...

Hi guyjr, thanks for the input... I was considering putting an exhaust fan in the area where I will set up the processors.... based on your comments, that seems like a good idea? Eventually I will be processing 3 - 5 days a week.

Does the city allow the chemicals to be poured down the drain? I can't seem to find much information regarding this...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's some old Jobo docs in storage....

http://web.archive.org/web/200410170...ts/atl2200.htm

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Tom, nice find!! I recall seeing this years ago... interesting it now exist at a website called "web.archive.org" I never knew such a web site existed...

Could someone comment on the chemical prices that were quoted on this web page? I will write them below... not sure how dated the web page is...

e-6 color

$2.50 35mm/36
    $2.14 120 roll
    $2.52 8x10

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin