Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,670   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm RF

Bulk Purchase for 5x7 Kodak Portra 160NC Film

For all 5x7 photographers interested in shooting color, Kodak has basically taken Portra 160NC off the market by requiring minimum purchase orders of sixty boxes, fifty sheets and $200 each, for a refrigerator packing 3000 sheets of film and a $12,000 outlay. Obviously, this is untenable. The only other color film available in the US is Provia 100F. Many of us feel that Portra and the C-41 negative process produces better results than can be achieved with Provia.
    Therefore, we have organized a bulk purchase through Badger Graphic. Jeff, the owner of Badger, has most kindly offered to take orders without any downpayment necessary from anyone interested in purchasing the Portra film (this despite the fact that he is also the only purveyor of the 5x7 Provia in this country). The price will be the same $200 that B&H used to charge when the fifty sheet boxes were available as single units. When we achieve Kodaks minimum order size, Jeff will place the order and payment will be due (I imagine). Kodak has said that the order will be cut from fresh emulsion stock so there will be no worries about early outdating of the film.
    This is probably the last opportunity that any of us will have to purchase this film in 5x7 format, or any C-41 film in 5x7. I urge all interested photographers to go to the website www.badgergraphic.com, the film can be selected surprisingly enough in the 5x7 film category. Jeff is also available by phone (number on the website) for questions.
    Again, I want to stress that this bulk purchase is it for your current and future needs for 5x7 C-41 film. There is simply nothing else, here, in Europe, or in Japan. Take advantage now, or never.
    Larry Segil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Larry,

If you haven't already, I suggest you post this on the Large Format Photography Forum (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/)

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads-up guys. Much appreciated.
    Grant

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Better than halfway there, I hope there is more interest around.
    Larry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Kodak stopped their regular production of 5x7 c41 years ago. It has been on special order status since that time. The b and h stock was from a special order. What makes you think that the current special order will be the last? Are you insinuating that kodak plans to stop coating 160nc?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin