Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,901   Online: 1104

Shooter
    Medium Format

Old papers and process's help please

Hi All, I have just picked up a used Durst RCP 50 roller transport paper processor (it's damn heavy ). In the manual it says that preset program

#1 is for EP 2
    #2 is for EP 200 high speed
    #3 is for Duratrans
    #4 is user programmable

I intend to do RA-4 process and in the manual is hand written dev 35 deg,
    blix 30-36 deg @ 25 cm/min in which case I would have to put these in #4.

Does 25cm/min sound about right and are #1,#2 and #3 all now redundant?

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Having realised that the paper needs to be in the solutions for 45 seconds @ 35 deg all I need to do is vary the feed speed until it is. The speed will be dependant on the lengh of travel through each compartment so I suppose 25cm/min is a good starting point ?

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I run a Fujimoto CP31, and mine is sped calibrated in mm/min. My calculations inferred for RA-4 (ep/2 era docs were in the manuals) was 254, and it has worked out fine to give 45' per tank for me.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How ever the dial is calibrated check the timing to be sure. Put a sheet through with the top off and start timing when the end goes into the developer and stop when the end goes into the bleach. As long as you get 45 seconds dial setting is unimportant.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by analogsnob View Post
    How ever the dial is calibrated check the timing to be sure. Put a sheet through with the top off and start timing when the end goes into the developer and stop when the end goes into the bleach. As long as you get 45 seconds dial setting is unimportant.
    I have done exactly that and whilst 25cm/min gives about 50 seconds in the developer it only gives about 35 seconds in the blix and they are not independantly variable......Your thoughts please...Is it better to over develop or will 35 sec blix be enough?

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In RA-4 I am pretty sure that developer runs to completion, so a bit more time shouldn't hurt. You could consider running that bath a bit cooler if you are concerned and the baths are independently variable wrt temperature control. My RCP20 has a common thermostat, so that may not be an option; a bit more dilute developer could be another option.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After posting my last I thought exactly that Mike.....The dev and blix do have indendant temperature controls.

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Dave,

I am wondering whether you managed successfully to set up your Durst RCP50 to process RA4.
    I would be very interested in your experience.

Best

Delphine

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin