Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,678   Online: 848

Shooter
    35mm

Kodachrome 64 Pro PKM reciprocity?

Am I reading the Kodak website correctly? I believe that it states that PKM needs +1/3 stop compensation at 1/10 sec, and that 1 sec. and over are not recommended?

Jared
    Nikon F6, Nikon F5, AF Nikkor 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5, Nikkor 50-135mm f/3.5 AI-s, 50mm f/1.4 AI-s, MC-20 remote release.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that this is true. I haven't looked at the specs in a while, so I'm not sure. I know that my shots that were at something like 1/8 or 1/4 were dark by about 1/3-1/2 stop, and started to go (cyan/blue)?

can't remember exactly....

one thing I know for sure though is that the modern Ektachromes and Fuji E-6 films are WAY better in the reciprocity times though. sad to say KR can't do this . I'd love it if it could

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's a film from the 70s, hence it behaves like a film from the 70s.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My God. With only a very short time before Kodachrome disappears forever, why are we tugging fondly at the forelocks of a wildly archaic and largely forgotten emulsion like Kodachrome, which colour drains from its face the moment 1 second is up? Try Fuji.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't say that! I've still got four rolls in the fridge.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Then shoot, damn it.
    You'll have reciprocity issues with any film, but especially reversal film. The time to build experience in hedging against RF is now and experimenting is what is very highly recommended. Load up.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Don't say that! I've still got four rolls in the fridge.
    Yeah, I only have 40 rolls left in the fridge.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    My God. With only a very short time before Kodachrome disappears forever, why are we tugging fondly at the forelocks of a wildly archaic and largely forgotten emulsion like Kodachrome, which colour drains from its face the moment 1 second is up? Try Fuji.
    Because Fuji doesn't look like Kodachrome. If you like the look of Kodachrome, Fuji just won't do. As for Kodachrome being 'archaic and forgotten', I hate to break it to you. But this is true of film in general. If you DON'T want to shoot something that is archaic, consider buying a Canon 5DII or 7D.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
    Because Fuji doesn't look like Kodachrome. If you like the look of Kodachrome, Fuji just won't do. As for Kodachrome being 'archaic and forgotten', I hate to break it to you. But this is true of film in general. If you DON'T want to shoot something that is archaic, consider buying a Canon 5DII or 7D.
    I think the original post had a sarcastic tone...

Shooter
    35mm
    "I think the original post had a sarcastic tone..."

No, it was phrased as a question. I've since confirmed what I had feared; that Kodachrome is not good for longer exposures. I normally use Fujichrome Velvia 50, and it requires no compensation until 4 sec. The majority of my shots fall in the 1/30 to 4 sec. range.

Jared
    Nikon F6, Nikon F5, AF Nikkor 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5, Nikkor 50-135mm f/3.5 AI-s, 50mm f/1.4 AI-s, MC-20 remote release.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin