Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,994   Online: 842

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Someone help..... I've read that UC has finer grain than any of the Fuji's film...might even be the finest grain negative film presently available. And does anyone know if Royal Gold 25 is available? The insanity

Images
    Royal Gold has been gone for years. I suggest you buy a couple rolls of each of the films you are interested in and give them a shot. Shoot similar shots with each roll at close to the same time of day. Send them all in to get printed, and see which film YOU like.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format

UC-Reala

I use both in 100 ISO. I like both and see little difference between them. Both of them enlarge nicely to 16x20 from 6x7. But Reala is much cheaper, half the price of UC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Reala is my favourite when shooting color @ ISO 100 (35 mm)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fuji Reala seems to be one of those films that people either love or hate...no middle ground. Personally, I love it.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    I loved Kodak Real Gold 100 while it was available. Upon discontinuing it, I tried Fuji's Reala and was vastly dazzled about its lack of grain, incredible sharpness, and true color duplication. It is one absolutely gorgeous emulsion and my Leica lenses smile at me and it when my M6 and my R8 detect it feeding through it!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did side by side tests of NPC, NPS, 160NC and 100UC. My impression was that 100UC did have the lowest graininess by a small margin. That's not a measurement, just an observation. What I did measure that surprised me was the speed: 100UC was just the fastest of the three films based on the lower section of the relative exposure/density curves. 160 NC was just the slowest - but they were all in the same ball-park. 100UC also had the longest straight-line section. Caveat: I only tested one film of each type, but they were all developed together and were all fresh.

Whatever, I'd agree with Brian: the choice between them is purely a personal one based on how they look (except maybe for 100UC's apparently greater range - which may or may not matter to you).

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    35mm

Fine grain film

If I want the best possible results in terms of grain and resolution there is, in my opinion, one choice...Konica Impresa 50. This film is not well distributed and can be hard to get. It is of moderate to low contrast and offers exceptional discrimation of various hues. This film is everything that Royal Gold 25 should have been. I use it with my 35mm on a very stable tripod...Majestic 2501..with the mirror locked up and hoprfully with an aperture of F5.6 or wider open with a good quality prime lens. This is as good as it gets as far as I am concerned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The agfa Ultra 100 is also a great film with good color saturation and grain, my personal favorites are the Fuji due to the vast cost difference, in every day usuage, I think you will find most of the contenders great film..

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    The agfa Ultra 100 is also a great film with good color saturation and grain, my personal favorites are the Fuji due to the vast cost difference, in every day usuage, I think you will find most of the contenders great film..

Dave
    Ultra 100 is SO great for outdoor shots and still life IMHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin