Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,615   Online: 1158

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Admit it Drew... you took a side trip to Mars and have just proven the existence of grass on that planet!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm RF
    this looks like redscaling, which is when the emulsion is exposed the wrong side

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No...this quote:

How can one say a camera will do all the work for the photographer? Need we not eyes to see, and a brain to think? But we most surely think and see on our own.

Yes that's what I have to do...see and think!

Gene...yes I have visions of '68 or '69....

To end this thread...let me say that I know I loaded more film properly early this morning...Thanks everyone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    known as red scale, i like it , reminds me of my trip to mars last year

Shooter
    Multi Format
    new development (no pun here) on this topic....this next batch of film was definitely loaded correctly but came out red again. so the film must be bad...and maybe...just maybe the first film WAS loaded correctly! Well, the film is going in the trash...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check my post #7 before you do.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If your film really looks like the scan you posted, bright red, I won't believe it's aging... Because you seem to have a good black!

It's either shot backwards AND overexposed many stops, or shot through a red filter. That's what I think. I may be wrong however.... Check the edges like PE suggested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just realized that the first sheets were put in backwards (black border)...and the second was put in correctly but has red edges, so the film has actually gone bad. Well the whole bunch is in the trash....time for more film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew;

If you got a black border at all, but red pix, then the film appears to have been good but backwards. The second set with red borders may have had red safelight fog. Can you post a few? I would guess that 2 different things happened here and that the film might still be good.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Drew; Can you post a few? I would guess that 2 different things happened here and that the film might still be good.
    PE
    I could, but honestly...the film is very old and I've never had this problem before! Sometimes its best to wash one's hands of things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin