Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,797   Online: 1060

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home RA-4

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
    Thanks. So I'm looking for just regular ol' Ronsonol butane spray from the tobacco shop? I can just spray that in the bottle for a few seconds and cap it quickly? I've never done this before.
    Butane is heavier than air so if you hold the cap over it while you spray it in then it will fill up and won't escape.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have made a comparison between different storage methods. I can maybe post specific report later, but I can tell you quickly that;

The preferred method is to use PET soda bottles and squeeze all the air out of them.
    Refrigerating chemicals (even without any squeezing or butane) is surprisingly very good, as good as squeezing all the air out.
    Butane works but is not as efficient at all as the above mentioned ways (squeezing air, refrigerating)
    If you use butane, you have to use large amounts of it. "Butane is heavier than air and forms a layer between air and solution" is not true. You have to displace as much air as possible to get the desired result.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks. I was planning on using soda bottles for mixed chems, but not the concentrates (due to the low volume). Is it safe to refrigerate the concentrates?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it's safe to refrigerate. Freezing may not be wise.

If you cannot squeeze the bottles, add butane (if you have it) AND refrigerate. I would guesstimate they will live for more than a year this way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin