Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,456   Online: 1002

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home RA-4

Shooter
    35mm RF

Home RA-4

Going to be printing some RA-4 at home for the first time in a few years, and wanted to know what people are using. I used to use Tetenal Mono-PK in trays with either Fuji Crystal Archive or whatever Kodak paper was around back then. I seem to recall there being some occasional issue with yellow borders after a few days or weeks, but I don't think I ever figured out what that was.

I will be using a Nova Trimate this time around, so I guess that opens up my options for chemistry a bit. It has temperature control. What do you recommend for ease of use, speed and quality (and lack of issues)? Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum221/...tml#post840550 This post has the Kodak part numbers for dev and blix you can use at room temp 20C with Kodak paper. The pair will cost you approx $70 from adorama plus shipping and will process a couple of hundred 8x10's.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you run a replenished process at 38C, maybe you should also include a starter when making the tank solution:
    http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/ra4...rter-351-p.asp

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Go for Kodak Developer Replenisher and Kodak Bleach Fix. They're reliable. Stock up on Supra Endura while you still can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there a RT (room temp) version of the kodak Bleach/Fix or does the working temperature for blix activity vary.

I'll be printing at round 18-20c this winter and I'll get the RT version for the developer but can I use regular RA4 blix at room temp?

edit: It seems "RT" stands for roller transport NOT room temperature....
    Last edited by brucemuir; 12-15-2009 at 12:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks, everybody. Will I get better results with the Kodak than with the Tetenal Mono? What about the Arista kit from Freestyle?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/11814-...er?cat_id=1004

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Is there a RT (room temp) version of the kodak Bleach/Fix or does the working temperature for blix activity vary.

I'll be printing at round 18-20c this winter and I'll get the RT version for the developer but can I use regular RA4 blix at room temp?

edit: It seems "RT" stands for roller transport NOT room temperature....
    Though it does not stand for room temperature it can be used at room temperature. Use only the replenisher without starter. Both blix and developer work fine at room temperature as long as you use KODAK SUPRA ENDURA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I get excellent results with the Kodak products at room temp. I use the mixing proportions on the bottles to mix up 1 or 2 liters of working solution at a time, without using starter. I process in drums and will use 75ml of working solution chems for a couple or three 4x5 test prints and an 8x10. Purge the air out of the stock bottles and the concentrates will keep a year.

Shooter
    35mm
    What's the benefit of using a starter with a 38 degree replenishment process?

The ag-photographic link says it 'seasons' the dev. What does that mean?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin