Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,680   Online: 758

Shooter
    35mm RF

RA-4 Paper safelight

I spoke to my RA-4 Paper supplier recently (Fuji + Kodak) and got an interessting tidebit, where he mentioned that the sensitivity gap of the new papers (the "digital" papers) is not the 590 nm anymore but 620 nm, and I indeed have problems with blue casts on RA-4 with the safelights on. (Osram Duka 10)
    Anybody else observations on this?

cheers
    Josef

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use a Thomas Duplex with the color filter set and it works fine without fogging. I've never tried the Duka lights.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The spectrogram on the Kodak web site showed no change the last I looked.

Also, if it did change, the response to film would be quite different. Therefore, I doubt if it has changed since I last looked. I suggest you do so and compare the old and new papers.

Kodak suggests the WR 13.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hm, this was basically the answer I got when I asked what the difference between the "new" RA-4 papers and the old ones is. (keep in mind that this was from a reseller, not Kodak or Fuji)

More sensitivity whith that shorter exposure times, but the tradeoff was that the paper is harder and the sensitivity gap shifted.

I dearly hope that the blue cast i observed was from something else but the safelights (which have worked on the same settings in the same darkroom without any cast before)

will be after christmas that I fire up the Thermaphot again, but will report back......

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you are talking about the new Supra VC, Kodak states there will be shorter printing times, higher contrast, and a cyan shift in the highlights when printed from a traditional enlarger.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin