Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,535   Online: 866

Shooter
    Multi Format

120 film in Atl 1500

Hello everyone, I am a long time reader making my first post today on Apug. Recently I acquired an Atl 1500, and have successfully processed some 4x5 c-41 sheet film. However, I have some 120 roll film that I'm going to process and am a bit skeptical about the chemical quantity suggested in the instructions. When I ran the 4x5 film, the book stipulated 570mL of chemistry. I am using the kodak flexicolor chemistry so it was 570mL of developer/bleach/fix in bottles 1/2/3, turned out great. With 120 film the book says only 125/250/330mL are needed for 1/2/3 rolls of 120 film respectively. The reason I wonder is that, with the film spiraling towards the center of the reel, is 330mL (especially in the #4219 tank) enough chemistry that all the film on the reel will actually dip below the chem level at some point? Or will only the film towards the outside of the reel get developed at all? I admit I have run one set of 120 film already, but I chickened out and used 570mL of chemicals instead, and it worked well. I realize that it's silly to doubt the book when it obviously worked before, but before I put the film at risk in search of greater economy I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if someone else here has tried it with the 330mL and succeeded.

Thank you in advance for any and all replies!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always use the sight-glass fill diagram under the machine's cover as it errs on the overfill side. You do have to be careful with 2 120 rolls on the reel in the large tank. Regardless how many rolls are in the tank, once you've doubled on the reel you have to fill the tank as if you've
    put 6 rolls. Three or less single-loaded, fill for 3 rolls.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's sound advice, thank you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin